16 - Playground (Part 2)

Chaelin ran fast to the swing at the middle, "Chanyong! Please?" She cutely said.

Chayong stood behind her and started to push her gently.

"Yay! Thank you!" She happily exclaimed.

"Who wants ice cream?" J-hope asked everyone.

"Me!" Everyone shouted.

"Cool, pay for it guys. I am not treating anybody." J-hope said.

"Except for me!" Chaelin shouted. J-hope clearly heard it and said,

"Okay, fine. You win Chaelin." He said and turned to the ice cream vendor, "Two strawberry ice cream."

"Are you already tired, Chanyong?" She asked her brother.

"Yes I am." He answered, pretending to be tired.

"Then call someone to do it for you, maybe?" She suggested. Bright idea! Well, maybe not. Guess who did Chanyong call?

"Sure!" He immediately came when Chanyong asked him.

"No, thanks. I will just go to the slide." And she ran to the slide.

Dumbfounded, Jin just sat on the seat where Chaelin was before she left him there. "I guess, she's avoiding you huh?" Rap Mon came.

"Yeah, I think so." Said Jin.

"You think so? You're funny Jin. You should know why she's acting like that right now. You didn't ask but I want you to know that, it is obvious that she never talked to you since that miraculous letter came. Did she tell you why?" Rap Mon asked as he helped himself on the swing.

"Yes, she did."

"What did she say?"

Jin wasn't able to answer him easily.

"She said ... she likes me."

"So she already confessed." Rap Mon said smirking.

"Confessed? Who?" Jin asked.

"Hello?" Rap Mon stood up from the swing chair and went to Jin to ring his head with his arm, "You idiot! She told you she likes you that means she just confessed to you! You know how hard it is to gather courage before you could actually say something like that."

"I know!" Jin said hitting Rap Mon's arm to let him go, "I know! I know!"

"Then why does it seem like, it is nothing to you?" Rap mon asked.

"I thought I needed to give her some time."

"What? Time? Yes, she can wait, maybe. But what if others came first before you? Chaelin is a lovely girl. She might have grown up late, but her childlike side is so adorable." Rap Monster said. The old man became a little more serious and added, "Promise us you won't hurt her, Jin. She's our only sister. She already gave up on Jungkook, but, Jungkook seemed to have realized that he lost someone, one time - big time."

How can I not her hurt when she is now already hurting? She might cry because of me anytime from now. Jin thought.

On the hand, Chaelin tried the monkey bars after getting tired of the slides. She jumped to reach the first bar, then reached ot her other hand to hold a grip of the next bar. It was successful until the fifth bar, but she felt her arms aching when she was trying to reach the next bar. But she has a problem, she can't just jump down. Yes, she is not that tall.