34 - After the Accident

*Chaelin's POV*

Waking up next to my strawberry plushie, I feel really good. I remember last time that I woke up that my strawberry was not beside me. I screamed like crazy, not worrying about what our neighbors will think. My parents and Chanyong, came in to my room and asked me what happened. They searched all over my room to look for my plushie and keep me calm, only to find out it is just under my bed. Sorry. This is another day for me. But a new chapter of my life starts here.

I got up and faced the mirror. I haven't taken a bath yet but I already fixed my hair with my brush, up to its ends, as if it won't get wet later and washed. I really love letting my hair grow and flow freely. They look so pretty. Especially now I had it dyed with brown. Suddenly, I heard someone knock on my door.

"Who's there?" I asked.

"Chaelin, it is your mom." And I opened it up for her.

"Oh, look at my princess!" She stroked her fingers on my hair and tucked a few strands of it behind my ears, "But I want your black hair more." She held the ends of my hair and wiggled them together "You're graduating from college today!"

"Oh, yes. I'll get some payback from my hard work, finally." I happily said. I turned to my mom and hugged her, "Thanks mom! You allowed me to take my own course. You also let me choose the school I wanted."

"Aww, look at this strawberry princess becoming dramatic so suddenly." She said while pinching my cheeks.

"But, too bad I don't really know what I wanted before I got into that accident."

"Don't worry." She said and put her palm on top of my head, "When you finally have your memories back, then you cam take the course you originally wanted." And patted my head twice.

"Yahhh!" I shooed her hand away and told her "I'm not a little girl anymore mom. Stop that." I told her but she just laughed at me.

"But you loved it when he does it to you." She told me.

Wait. He? Who is "he"? Chanyong? or Dad?

or Jungkook? or V? Those two have been with me all the time.

"Ah, Sorry. I mean, you loved it when someone does it to you." She said after clearing her throat, and looked away.

"Someone? Who is that, mom? Someone I knew before the accident?" I asked. They said I've been friendly to most of the people, and I was able to make close ties with them. Some of them are in the city, while some have moved to another country.

"I am not sure. You just told us some stories of what happened to you in school." She said. "By the way. Move faster. We have three hours to prepare before your graduation ceremony. We can go to a salon, if you want to."

Of course, I nodded and started to move by taking a bath first.

***

While on stage, I thought time was passing by so slow. I've always said time flies so fast. But now, why does it seem like I was in a slow motion?

After I received my diploma, I headed to the center of the stage. Instared at the crowd. I know it is crazy and impossible, but I tried to look for my family. Believe it or not, I found them. They were sitting togeher with Jungkook's parents. My parents are crying but Chanyong is just there, filming everything.

Why?

Because I might just lose my memories again. But .. please no. I don't want to be involved once again in an accident.