40 - The Guitar

"Grocery, shopping, apply for job .... all check!" Chaelin exclaimed looking at her checklist. She's done doing everything on her list, except for the last one thay she has been hesitating to do. "Shall I go?" She asked herself? In the end, she gave up and decided to go and visit the old man, Jin's grandfather.

On her way to the market, she had so many thoughts. What is it about? Well, it is all about Jin. She tries to remember even the simplest thing that happened between them. What else could she use to bring back his memories?

After buying various fruits, she bought a strawberry milk shake before walking ahead to grandfather's house.

Chaelin kept on talking to herself, as if she was a crazy woman walking down the streets. "Pink. What other pink things did we use that I could use to help him get his memories back? Pink. Pink." She repeated, as her voice was getting softer.

When suddenly she heard a little girl crying while she's walking down the streets. She didn't think twice and immediately approached the child.

"Hello there!" Chalin greeted the child with her most friendly voice so the girl won't get scared of her. The young slowly exposed her wounded knee to Chaelin as she tries to stop herself from crying. Chaelin pouted after seeing the bleeding wound of the girl and quickly but carefully placed down the paper bag of fruits onto the ground. She took out the small bottle spray of alcohol from her bag and her handkerchief from her pocket.

"Hey! You're going to put that on my wound?" The little girl cried out loud complaining even when Chaelin haven't started cleaning her wound yet.

"I'm so sorry my dear but I can't just put this band-aid without cleaning your open wound." Chaelin said nicely and patted the kid's head with a warm smile on her face. She gently placed the band-aid over the girl's wound while she blows it lightly. The little girl started to cry out loud. Chaelin can't take watching her just cry like that. It might be hard for her but it was the only way she could do to make the child stop crying.

"Here. Ahh~ " she said opening her mouth big, and giving the child the opened strawberry lollipop.

The young girl shook her head sidewards and told her, "No. I don't like strawberry. I want a chocolate one." Chaelin frowned to keep herself from laughing. This juvenile is so cute! "You don't like this one? I don't have a chocolate flavored candy with me. So, should I jist eat this instead?" The girl pouted and quickly took the lollipop from Chaelin's hand and ate it. "Thanks." She murmured. Chaelin guessed she already fine so she hugged the paper bag of fruits across her chest and stood up, "Good bye?"

The little girl waved her hand at Chaelin and smiled sweetly, "Good bye! Thank you for the lollipop!" She said without taking out her lollipop from her mouth. And so, Chaelin continued to walk to Jin's house.

"Hey!" She heard someone say behind her. She didn't respond or look back since she doesn't know if this person was calling her or another person.

"Hey there, pretty!" He said again. Chaelin quickly looked back and recognized who it was.

"Seokjin?" She asked rasising her eyebrow.

"Why were you walking so fast? You didn't look back or stop when I called you." Jin asked her, tilting his head and leaning closer to her.

Chaelin looked down to the ground, thinking of an answer. She really didn't think of anything like that. "I....I, ah.. just thought it wa-" she were paused from what she was saying when she lifted her chin to look up at Chaelin but the tip of her nose touched his, notnknowing they were already that close to each other. The two of them looked at each other's eyes, silently feeling and hearing each other's warm breath.