39 - Birthday

"I love you....." she mumbled.

Jin felt his world stopped when Chaelin spoke those words. Did he hear it right?

Chaelin realized she said something she shouldn't have when Jin was there, just staring at her with his eyes widened.

"I...m-mean ... I love you. That's what I heard in my dreams." She said, stuttering. Why now? She asked in her mind.

Jin continued to blink his eyes. "Did she really say I love you?" He asked himself.

Chaelin looked at her wrist-watch and pretended she has another appointment to attend to. "I'm sorry. I need to go now." She got up from the bed and wore her shoes quickly. She sprinted to the kitchen where she placed her bag and made her way to the door. "I'll be back. I don't know when but call me when you need any help. My number is at your refrigerator. I had my note there. Okay?" And without hearing Jin's response, she went out of the house.

"Too bad I didn't get to ask what she said. But I'm sure of what I heard... but what did I feel just a while ago? Did my heart just ... beat faster?" He asked on his mind. "Weird."

-----

"Are you coming tonight for dinner?" The old man asked Chaelin through the phone. He has been inviting her for dinner but she never really went to eat there.

Chaelin thought about what happened the day before. "Did he already forget about it?" She thought.

"I'll try to come, grandpa. Tomorrow's Seokjin's birthday right?" She asked.

"Yes, princess. Are you coming?" Chaelin felt the excitement and hopes from thenold man's voice. She always thought his grandfather is so close to her before that maybe, she treats him as her own grandfather, and he treats her as his own granddaughter.

She was silent for a second but responded, "I'll come. That's for sure." Making the old man happy.

"Thank you! You don't need to bring anything. You yourself is enough." He said and bid her goodbye and wished him a sweet dream before ending the call.

Chaelin sighed before looking up at the sky. "I remember it all but ... not everything's clear yet. Can he just have his memories back, too?"

The next day. Chaelin decided to just wear simple clothes. She is not an important guest anyway. But she hoped she was.

Arriving at Jin's house, she she entered without waitimg anybody to open it for her. They all know her, plus she has a big role in that house, not to mention Jin had an amnesia too.

"Oh, you're finally here princess!" The old man greeted her. He was holding a huge bowl of spaghetti so Chaelin took it from him and placed it on the table herself.

"Where's Seokjin, grandpa?" She asked.

"Ah. He is still in his room, sleeping. He woke up early this morning but after taking a bath and eating, he went back to sleep." He explained. The old man pointed at the room where all the visitors are. "Before Seokjin wakes up, they will all be here. Then when he is out of his room, we will all greet him. Okay?" He said telling her their plans to surprise him.

Chaelin looked for a chair to sit to wait for that time he wakes up.

(A/N: Let's skip time. Lol)

"When his door is about to open, we shouldn't shout yet. We should greet him by the time he finally step out of his room and sees us." Everyone agreed with the ahjumma. Meanwhile, someone who is somehow same with my age came and placed candles on top of the cake.

"I think I know her." She thought.

We saw his door slightly opened so we got ready.

"Happy Birthday Jin!" Everyone shouted. He looks really happy. He walked down the stairs and headed to the cake, and he blew the candles.

"Is it too late to realize that this guy who I've just taken care of this past few days, is someone really special to me. But why did my heart didn't recognized him the first time I saw him? And why didn't he recognize me too? For someone who had so many things to explain to me, he shouldn't be ignoring me, right? Am I the only one who got my memories back? That's impossible. And cruel." Chaelin's thoughts were too vivid.

The lady who had put candles on the cake embraced him and kissed him, "Happy birthday", she greeted.

Jin suddenly turned his head to my direction and looked at me as if he saw a ghost. But turned back his attention immediately to the lady, who I suppose is her girlfriend. "Thanks."

"Why? I didn't do anything yet."

"For taking care of me when I was sick."

"Sick? When? Really?" She looked at me and smiled back to Jin. "Ah! That was nothing. I love you. I wouldn't let you get sick for a long time."

"That girl just pretended to be me? I shouldn't be affected since we don't know each other but it was just so shameful for her to do that. Wait. I remember Seokjin but why can't I remember that girl?" She asked herself. It it too weird hst she hought she had remembered eveerythig, except for that girl.

"I think I really don't have a place here so maybe I should leave now." Without telling the old man any word, she went out of the house but just left my gift for Jin and a letter for him. Maybe grandpa will understand.

"Miss! Miss! Chaelin?"

She heard someone calling her name while she was on her way to the gate. She heard her name so she stopped walking.

Jin ran in front of her and she was really surprised. "Why are you here?" She asked him.

"Dad said you were really the one who took care of me while I was sick. I waited for Eunsol to tell me the truth but instead, she pretended that she did it all for me." He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer for a hug, "Thank you! My dad was too worried if he'll lose me like my mother, he said. Thank you. He just asked my grandfather to take care of me while he is in another country. Now he's here for a short time." He released me from his hug and slowly tapped the top of my head twice.

"Stop doing that. Please." She told him with a calm voice.

"Oh! Sorry. I just got used to do that with someone. I don't know who. But when I saw you, I felt like doing it to you. Are you, we just met the other day? I mean, don't we know each other already before?" Jin explained.

"I told you, I had an amnesia too. But.... My best friend always do that but he left me not so long ago." She explained. "Stupid, Chaelin. You should just tell him it is him! But what if he gets creeped out?" She thought.

"I hope you would see him soon." He wished for me.

"Well, I can see him and he does too."

"Then that's good! I think I have to go back to my party. See you again, Chaelin."

"Good bye, Kim Seokjin. Nice to meet you, again." And she left him.

It would be harder for me to pretend I really don't know him. Seeing him and hearing him talk to me or treat me like someone who he just knew is just too painful for me. I miss my Seokjin. But I need to get all things clear first.

----

Hi! Yay that I updated? I hope you'll like this chapter even though it is short :)

Eunsol is on the way agaaaiin. And too bad for Chaelin ;(

Anyway, I had my wisdom tooth removed now my cheeks are swelling ㅠ.ㅠ

Thanks for reading and voting and leaving comments ♡♡♡

Ppyong!

- lovingseoul