23 - Lovers' Quarrel

The performance day of the play is fast approaching and everyone in the drama club was already asked to help.

"Take that chair and use it properly." The teacher told the students who started to practice for the play.

Half of their day on school will be used for rehearsing for the play and they will be back in the afternoon to their classes. This was agreed to equally divide their time for academics and the play since their exams are also near.

"What do you think are they doing up there?" Namsoon whispered to Chaelin. She didnt answer but just shrugged her shoulders, keeping her eye on the teacher in front. How could shenpossibly know when Jin is not telling her anything about the play.

I am just hoping everything goes smoothly. She thought.

Like what they usually do, everybody goes home together but Jin is left in the school for the play. It has been weeks since they don't get to hang out with him.

"Hey! Pull yourself together. It is not like you broke up wih him that's why he didn't go home with us." V joked

"Anyway, you can call him later. I heard the practice will be until 7PM only." Jungkook said.

Chaelin waited silently and calmly until 7PM. She made sure she is done with all the homeworks.

"Calm down, Chaelin. And stop walking back and forth. You're making me dizzy." Chanyong complained.

"Ah, sorry." Chaelin said. She sat down and plugged her earphones and started listening to music. She looked at the clock. It is already 6:47. "I can't wait!" She screamed inside.

*beep beep*

"I guess, that's already mom and dad." Chanyong said and got up to open the gates and the door for their parents.

Chaelin and her family took their dinner because their parents already arrived. She ate her food quickly. After eating, she ran back to her bed room to check her phone. "No text. No call." She thought of Jungkook who told her the practice will end at 7.

Are you sure the pratice ends at 7pm?

- Chaelin

Yes. Why?

- Jungkook

Jin isn't home yet, I think.

- Chaelin

But.. Chanyeol is already at home. Maybe he is just dead tired. Let him have his rest. They said the professor acting as the director is strict.

- Jungkook

Okay. Thanks! Sorry for bothering you.

- Chaelin

No worries.

- Jungkook

She was a little convinced. But she didn't forget what they used to do every night. So Chaelin took a selfie and sent it to Jin with a message:

Hey there, Seokjin! How was the practice? Don't skip dinner and wash your face first before going to bed. Don't worry about the homeworks. You can still do them tomorrow, right? :) Good night! I love you :*

She sighed and looked at the sky through the windows, "I know I am not the only one having a tough time."

The next morning, Chaelin didn't get to see Jin again.