The Bells of Saint John [Part 3]

Outside, Café, Day...

The Doctor, Lexi, Lucas, Clara and the twins sat at a rooftop café overlooking St. Paul's Cathedral as the Doctor worked on Clara's laptop and Lexi worked on Lucas's iPad.

"So if we can travel anywhere in time and space, why did we travel to the morning?" Clara asked. "What's the point in that?"

"Whoever's after us spent the whole night looking for us." The Doctor replied. "Are you tired?"

"Yes."

"Then imagine how they feel. They came the long way round." He replied as he continued to type.

"They've got to be close." Lexi chimed in, not looking up from Lucas's iPad. "And it's definitely London, going by the signal distribution."

"Still, we can hack the lowest level of their operating system, yet we can't establish a physical location." The Doctor agreed.

"Security's pretty good, then." Sky commented as he stood up from the table. "Be back in a moment."

Clara watched as Sky walked off into the café before turning to look back at Jupiter, Lexi and the Doctor as they still sat at the table. "Are you aliens?"

"Yes." The Doctor and Jupiter answered.

"Okay with that?" Jupiter raised an eyebrow.

"Fine, yeah." Clara replied. "I think I'm fine."

"Oh, good." The Doctor said before looking back down at a Clara's computer.

"Are you an alien?" Lucas asked Lexi.

"Sort of." She replied before looking back down at his iPad. "It's complicated."

"Okay..." He nodded slowly before a question occurred to him. "What happens if we actually find whoever's doing this? You know, what then?"

"Don't know." Lexi shrugged. "We can't tell the future. We just work there."

"So you people don't have a plan?" Clara asked incredulously.

"Ah, well, you know what they say about plans?" The Doctor smirked.

"What?"

"We don't have one."

"Jupe!" Sky exclaimed as he ran out onto the terrace, grabbing his sister's hand before tugging her out of her chair. "They have thirty five different flavors of gelato."

"Thirty five?" She raised an eyebrow at her brother.

"Yes, now come on!" He told her, tugging her along behind him and back into the café.

"You know, there are times when I really see Sky take after you, dear." Lexi smirked before looking back down to the iPad.

Lucas and Clara shared a looked before looking back to the Doctor and Lexi.

"Are they really your children?" Clara asked.

"And do you really not have a plan?" Lucas added. "Because, in my experience, people always have plans."

"Yes, they are." Lexi answered. "And yes they do, I suppose." She then switched off Lucas's iPad and set it on top of the table in front of her as the Doctor shut Clara's laptop before they both directed their attention to the two friends. "So, why don't you tell us a little more about yourselves?"

"Clara," The Doctor began. "how long have you been looking after those kids?"

"About a year, since their Mum died." She answered.