The Crimson Horror [Part 3]

Inside, Sweetville, Main building, Parlor, Day...

"I trust you had a pleasant day, Mama?" Ada enquired as she and her mother were sitting down to dinner, her mouther slouching forward and slurping her soup while Ada herself sat ramrod straight and ate delicately ate her soup.

Mrs. Gillyflower scoffed. "Tolerable."

"Will Mister Sweet ever join us for dinner, Mama?"

"Mister Sweet is rather tired tonight, I fear." She answered before reaching for the salt shaker, accidents knocking it over and spilling some salt on the table. "Dear me. How clumsy I'm getting." She laughed lightly before tossing a pinch of salt over her shoulder. "To keep the Devil at bay."

Mrs. Gillyflower then looked up at the man waiting on them, said man nodding before walking away.

When Mrs. Gillyflower was sure he couldn't see, she pulled the napkin from the neckline of her gown and sprinkled some salt down inside.

Inside, Sweetville, Main building, Hall...

Lexi stepped out of the lift and into the hall, glancing both ways to see that it was empty before motioning for Jenny and Marguerite to follow her.

At one end of the hall was a door with a round window through which the trio could see a sort of red glow.

Curious, The three of them walked cautiously towards the door, Lexi peering through the window before letting Jenny and Marguerite have a look.

Suddenly, the three women heard a noise making them turn their heads towards the other end of the hall.

Becoming even more curious, they all walked to the other end of the hall before finding a spiral staircase.

"Well, this doesn't make you want to go investigate." Jenny commented.

"Oh, not at all." Lexi rolled her eyes playfully before promptly beginning to climb the stairs, Jenny and Marguerite following behind her. "Are you sensing anything, Marguerite?"

"I feel..." Marguerite trailed off, closing her eyes as she held onto the stair railing while following behind Lexi. "I feel a sort of... frustrated presence. It's very near."

"If I was trapped somewhere in here, I'd be frustrated, too." Jenny chimed in as the three of them continued ascending the staircase.

Inside, Sweetville, Main building, Attic hall...

"Do you do this sort of thing all the time?" Marguerite asked quietly as the three of them reached the top of the spiral staircase.

"You have no idea." Lexi sighed before they heard a banging coming from the room that contained Ada's 'monster'.

Careful, Lexi stepped up to the door and tried the handle only to find it locked. She then knelt down and lift the panel to peer inside.

Just then, a hand reached out and grabbed her neck, making her squeak in surprise before falling back as the hand let go of her and pulled back before the panel on the door slammed shut.

"That hand was red." Marguerite whispered with wide eyes as Lexi got to her feet again.

Trying to calm her racing hearts, Lexi cautiously stepped up to the door. "Alright, whoever you are, you've got to stay calm now." She said before she heard chains slam against the door. "I can open this door. Would you like that?" The chains rattled a little softer, making her smile a bit. "I thought so. But you see, you and I have got to come to an arrangement. Sound good?" The chains knocked again. "Okay. You stand back, now." She said as she slid her sonic into the palm of her hand from the sleeve of her dress. "Did you hear what I said? My friends and I do not mean any harm to you. But if you try anything funny, we will leave you here to rot. Do you understand me?" She then heard two knocks. "Good."