Cold War [Part 2]

Later...

"Captain, we didn't attack your ship out here. Now, we need to get the pumps working to get her afloat."

"Yeah, well, that's till the rescue ship comes."

"If it comes."

"Oh, the sinking is just a coincidence, is it? Who are you?"

Sky slowly came to, at first only hearing the muffled voices of the Doctor and the captain, who everyone had since learned was named Zhukov, as they argued.

"Sky?"

Sky blinked as he slowly became more awake, listening to the Doctor and Zhukov continue to argue as he did. Lexi was crouched beside him, shaking his shoulder slightly.

"Hi, Mum." He mumbled as he slowly sat up.

"You took quite the fall." She told him, giving him a small smile as she reached up and gently touched a spot by his left eyebrow, sighing as it was scratched up with some dried blood on it.

"Ow." He hissed slightly, grabbing his mother's wrist.

"Sorry." She cringed, not liking seeing her son hurt. "How do you feel?"

"Aside from the splitting headache, I'm fine." He told her, letting go of her wrist.

"Let's hope it's not a concussion." Lucas's voice spoke up. "Looked like you hit your head pretty hard, mate."

"Yeah, that would be bad." Sky rolled his eyes slightly, turning his head to the right to see that Lucas and Clara were standing a few feet away on the other side of him, Clara now wearing someone's uniform jacket.

"Alright, Captain, alright." The Doctor crossed his arms, addressing Zhukov. "You know what? Just this once, no dissembling, no psychic paper, no pretending to be Earth ambassadors. Doctor, Glorious, Sky, Clara, Lucas, time travelers."

"You sure you're okay, Sky, was it?" Clara asked Sky as she and Lucas watched Lexi help him stand.

"I think so." He answered.

"Time travelers?" Zhukov raised an eyebrow.

"We arrived out of thin air." The Doctor pointed out. "You saw it happen."

"I didn't." The professor, who they had learned was named Grisenko, raised his hand.

"You're problem, mate, not ours." Lucas stated, pushing off the wall he and Clara were leaning on.

"Wait, wait." Sky said, putting a hand to his head, wobbling a bit as Lexi tried to help him stand steady. "There was... there was... there was something... Oh! We were sinking!"

"Yes." The Doctor nodded, looking over at him and Lexi.

"What happened?"

"We sank."

"And the TARDIS abandoned us." Clara chimed in, coming up on the other side of Sky before holding onto his arm as she helped Lexi steady him.

"She didn't abandon us. But you know what? Never mind." The Doctor waved a hand before turning to look at Zhukov again. "Listen, Captain, breath is precious down here. Let's not waste it, eh?"

"You're right." Zhukov agreed, narrowing his eyes as he walked forward. "Maybe I can save a little oxygen by having you all shot!"

"Yeah, can you not?" Lucas spoke up as he walked up to stand on the other side of Lexi.

"What does it matter how we arrived?" Sky sighed, Lexi and Clara letting go of his arms, seeing how he didn't seem to be having any trouble standing anymore. "I tried to tell you earlier that what's going on, it's not what you think it is. We need to get everyone..." He paused, hearing heavy breathing. "...out."