The Name of the Doctor [Part 4]

Inside, Tomb, Night...

Vastra woke with a gasp on a dirt floor. She stood hurriedly and saw Strax and Marguerite next to each other against a wide square column.

Vastra then spun around to see Sky and Jupiter both propped up against another column on the opposite side. She looked up and around and saw a window high up and the dark skies through it. She then looked higher and saw the window was in the bottom row of three. The top window on the left was cracked. And above that were backwards letters that read POLICE.

Vastra continued to look around in amazement, realizing that they were between the inner and outer shells of the TARDIS.

Marguerite and Strax both then suddenly woke up, falling away from each other before they hurriedly got to their feet.

"This base is surrounded!" Strax exclaimed. "Lay down your weapons and your deaths will be merciful!"

"Oh, shut up, Strax. Please." Jupiter said groggily as she and Sky woke up.

"Very... dreary." Sky said, looking around as he and Jupiter got to their feet.

Vastra then spotted Jenny a little distance away before rushing over to her. "Jenny! Jenny!" She exclaimed, kneeling beside her.

"This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire!" Strax continued to shout. "Surrender your women and intellectuals."

"She's dead." Marguerite said softly, her eyes closed as she held her hands above Jenny's body.

"Bring her back!" Vastra cried as Jupiter and Sky walked over to them.

"That's not how my magic works." Marguerite shook her head. "That is the one wish I can't grant."

"Then, Strax!" Vastra looked over to the Sontaran. "Come here and help me!"

Strax hurried over and scanned Jenny with a handheld device. "No heartbeat. Complete cardio-collapse, shock induced."

"Get her back for me!" Vastra gripped Strax's shoulder. "Get her back for me, or I will cut you into pieces!"

"Unhand me, you ridiculous reptile!" Strax shoved Vastra back, making her fall completely to the ground. He then held the device over Jenny's chest and activated it.

"There we go." Strax said just before Jenny coughed, Vastra stroking her face. "Just applied an electro-cardio-restart. She'll be fine."

"Are you alright, Jenny?" Marguerite asked, holding the woman's hand. "Can you hear us?" She asked, Jenny nodding slightly.

"The heart is a relatively simple thing." Strax shrugged.

"Actually, I think it's one of the most complicated things in the universe." Jupiter chimed in as everyone got to their feet again just before the Whisper Men appeared and started approaching with the Great Intelligence wearing the face of Simeon.

"I see you have repaired your pet." He said, coming to a stop in front of them. "No matter, I was only attracting your attention. I presume I have it."

"Doctor Simeon..." Vastra said in shock. "This is not possible."

"And yet, here we are, meeting again." He smirked. "So very far from home."

"Vastra, you said Simeon died." Sky said, looking away from the Great Intelligence for a moment.

"Simeon did die." She nodded. "But the creature that possessed him lived on."

"So you're the Great Intelligence, then." Jupiter spoke up as she took a step forward, Sky holding her arm to keep her back away from him.

The Great Intelligence smirked as he gazed upon the Twins of Time. "Welcome to the final resting place of the cruel tyrant and the blind follower. Of the slaughterer of the ten billion and the one who makes hollow threats. And the vessel of the final darkness and its dying ember... Welcome to the tomb of the Doctor and the Glorious."