The Rings of Akhaten [Part 3]

Outside, Marketplace, Day...

The Doctor and Lexi hurried through the stalls as Lucas and Clara followed them.

"Why are we walking away?" Clara asked frantically as she rushed up behind the Couple of Time. "We can't just walk away."

"Clara's right, this is our fault!" Lucas agreed as rushed to catch up with them. "We talked her into doing this!"

The Doctor and Lexi both stopped abruptly, turning around before walking back to Clara and Lucas.

"Listen." Lexi began as she crossed her arms, keeping direct eye contact with the duo. "I haven't been at this as long as the Doctor. But, I have been with him long enough to know that there is one very important thing you always need to remember."

"She's right." The Doctor agreed, putting a hand on Clara's shoulder. "If you're going to travel with us, there is one very important thing you need know. Well, one thing aside from the blue box and the two hearts."

"What?" Lucas questioned, crossing his arms.

"We don't walk away." The Doctor and Lexi said in unison before turning around and continuing on.

Lucas and Clara shared a look before quickly running after the two, all of them soon finding themselves arriving at Dor'een's stall.

The Doctor yapped at Dor'een, Dor'een barking back and growling in response. The Doctor and Lexi patted themselves down, glancing at each before turning around to look at Clara and Lucas.

"We need a couple of things that are precious." Lexi told them.

"Well, you both must have something." Clara res indeed. "I mean, with all the places you've seen..."

"This." The Doctor and Lexi pulled out his sonic from his pocket. "I don't want to give it away. It comes in handy."

Clara raised an eyebrow at him. "You're 1,000 years old. And that's it, your spanner?"

"Screwdriver." He corrected her.

"What about you?" Lucas turned to Lexi. "Is there anything you've got?"

"I've got a sonic, too." She replied. "And like the Doctor, I can't give it up."

Lucas sighed and bit his lip in thought before he looked down at his left wrist as Clara looked down at her right hand, Lucas sliding the sleeve of his navy blue jacket up a bit before nervously running a finger over the black leather band of the watch he was wearing as Clara nervously touched a ring on one of her fingers.

Clara looked from her wrist. "It's my Mum's."

"And this was my Dad's." Lucas informed them as he touched the gold watch-clasp.

The Doctor and Lexi chose not to say anything, knowing it was their decision.

After a moment's more of thought, Clara and Lucas each took off their respective possessions and handed them to Dor'een. Dor'een sensed the importance of the ring and watch as soon as she took hold of them. She quickly accepted them as payment for the two mopeds. The Doctor then kissed his hand and tapped Clara on the head as Lexi just gave Lucas's arm a friendly squeeze before both of them went to the mopeds.

Outside, Space...

Clara held onto the Doctor as he flew the sort of spacey moped, Lucas holding onto Lexi as she flew the other one.

"Merry!" Clara exclaimed as she reached out to the young girl as they flew closer to her. Their hands came close to touching, grazing each other before Merry was pulled downwards and into the temple, screaming.