A Mother's Concern

A/N: Hey there! 😃

I thought that this little filler chapter would be nice to do. Also, I kinda just wanted some mother and son fluff between Lexi and Sky. ❤️

Anyway...

Enjoy! 😘

--------------------------------

Inside, TARDIS, Kitchen...

Walking into the TARDIS kitchen, Lexi furrowed her brows when she saw her son sitting there.

"What are you doing here, Sky?" Lexi questioned as she walked over to stand across from him at the kitchen island. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see you. I just wasn't expecting you back this soon."

"No reason." Sky shrugged, not looking at his mother as he took a sip of tea from the mug in his hand.

Lexi quirked an eyebrow. "Now why don't I believe that?"

Sky let out an amused huff. "Because you're my mother and can see right through me."

"Exactly." She gave him a small smile before turning around to the kettle on the stove so she could go about making herself her own mug of tea. "So, are you going to tell me what's on your mind?"

"Is anyone else here?" He questioned.

"Well, Clara and Lucas are at home. Your father's in the console room tinkering away as usual. And Jupiter's in the library." She answered. "Why?"

"I, uh, I'm not exactly sure how to put it into the right words," Sky began as he lightly tapped his fingers against the side of his mug of tea. "but I've sorta just come from Demons Run... And I think it got to me more than I let on."

Lexi paused stirring sugar into her tea, tensing a bit at the reminder of that day. She took in a breath, closing her eyes as she thought back to the day that was somewhere around a little over twenty-seven years in her past.

Lexi just shook her head slightly, finishing stirring the sugar into her tea before turning back around to face her son. "Is there something you'd like to get off your chest? You know, talk about so it isn't just rattling around in your head?"

"I don't think it bothers me that much now. I mean, it still bothers me a little. No matter what. But, actually being there as it happened... it became so real." He explained. "More real than the story you and Dad told us growing up."

"I bet it was." Lexi replied, going around the kitchen island to sit on a stool next to Sky. "I mean, I lived it. Your father and sister lived it. And I mean, Jupiter did stay with me and your father for a while after it happened, so that has to be why she wasn't really upset when she got back before we went ghost hunting in 1974."

"Wait." Sky set his mug of tea down. "You went ghost hunting in 1974? Oh, that must've been cool."

Lexi shrugged. "If you consider cool to be finding a ghost that wasn't actually a ghost and just a time traveler from Earth's future that crash landed."

"Right..." Sky nodded slowly.

"Anyway," Lexi continued. "what seems to be the trouble, Sky? I don't like seeing you this... gloomy."

"I don't know." He sighed. "I guess seeing it all happen right there in front of me made me realize that what we do, what all of us do, affects everything for everyone in every part of our lives. Does that sound confusing?"

"To any normal person it would." Lexi giggled, setting her mug down before putting her hands over Sky's and giving them a comforting squeeze. "But, as you know, we're not normal people."

"Not by a long shot." Sky agreed with a chuckle.

"Come here, my Sunbeam." Lexi smiled, bringing her son in for a hug. "Demons Run was one of the darkest days of my life. It was one of the darker days of your father's life. It was a day that a mystery truly presented itself to me." She stated as she held onto Sky, not going into detail about what that mystery was. Besides, Sky kinda knew about it already just like Jupiter did. "Some very bad things happened that day, but something good did happen as well... that day was the day I got to find out that I was your mother... And that was the best thing that could've happened. There really isn't much I can say to help to make the after affects of that day feel any better, and I'm sorry. It was painful, simple as that. However, just know that there are still good things that are left out there in the universe. And, maybe one day, one of those good things will make its way to you."

"Thank you, Mum." Sky whispered, tightening his hold on Lexi before pulling away and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

She smiled at him, putting her hand to his cheek. "You are very welcome, my son."

Sky smiled back at her before picking his mug of tea back up. "So, tell me more about this ghost that wasn't actually a ghost."

Lexi giggled, shaking her head as she picked her mug of tea back up as well. "Alright, so it was 1974..."

--------------------------------

A/N: There ya go! 😁

I hope you enjoyed that. I just felt like writing a mother and son scene for some reason. ❤️

Anyway, that's all for now. So, let me leave you with this: the next episode shall be... "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS"!!! 🎉

Until then! 😘

💋 Love always,
~Maddy