Cold War [Part 1]

A/N: Hello! 😁

Well, I'm glad to see that y'all were happy with this story's comeback and enjoyed the last episode ("The Rings of Akhaten"). But, now it's time to move forward.

You know, I forgot how much I actually enjoyed the episode you're about to read. ❤️ I hope you like the way I've written it! 🙂

First though, let me introduce to you our guest star for this episode...

<><><><><><><><><>
Guest Starring

Richard Madden as Skyler "Sky" Pond<><><><><><><><><>

<><><><><><><><><>

I've missed writing for Sky! 💙 I love him! 😍

Also, just as a note: I've added a picture of what I imagine Lexi's signature outfit looks like to the chapter entitled "💖 Lexi 1.0/The 1st Glorious 💖". It took me a while, but I was finally able to find pictures and make a little collage of the right articles of clothing that make up the signature look I've given Lexi 1.0/the 1st Glorious.

Anyway, I guess that's all for now...

So, without further ado, let us read... "Cold War"!!! 🎉

Enjoy! 😘

--------------------------------

NORTH POLE 1983

Inside, Submarine, Control room...

The crew of a Soviet submarine seemed to be moving in a type of controlled chaos. You know, in the sense that everyone knew their job and what they needed to do, but with a sense of urgency.

"Signal is genuine. Signal is genuine. Zero bravo..." A man spoke over the radio.

The captain of the submarine and his lieutenant, Stepashin, both inserted their keys into the slots on the control panel before the captain then went and delivered his orders over the radio.

"Prepare to launch nuclear weapons."

"Aye, sir." A crewman nodded.

"Moscow confirming launch sequence." The man from before informed over the radio.

The captain then readied his hand over the launch button. "The Firebird stands ready to serve."

"For the motherland." Stepashin told him.

"For the motherland." The captain nodded in agreement before resting his thumb above the launch button, about to push.

A voice suddenly came through singing along with "Vienna" by Ultravox as if learning the words just before an older man came through the hatch listening to a Walkman.