Nightmare in Silver [Part 2]

Inside, Webley's, Chess room...

"Mmm." Webley sighed, entering the chess room while eating the sandwich from Artie. "Total takings for the day: one sandwich." He spoke aloud while putting the chess pieces back in place. "Better than no sandwich, of course. Not as good as two sandwiches, or even a chicken-"

Webley gasped when the Cyberman's hands suddenly grabbed ahold of his wrists, gripping them tight.

"That's a bit odd." Webley muttered, trying to pull his hands free. "That's not funny, give me my hands back."

Just then, dozens of the small metal insects crawled out from the Cyberman and its arms before crawling over to Webley, said man trying to escape before crying out as the tiny metal insects began attaching themselves to his face.

"Upgrade in progress!"

Inside, Webley's, Main room...

"I hate the future, it's stupid!" Angie exclaimed, now standing as she tried to get reception on her cellphone. "There's not even phone service." She huffed, setting her phone on the table. "I'm out of here."

"The Doctor and the Glorious said not to wander off." Artie reminded her from his spot on the couch he was on.

Angie rolled her eyes. "They said that, and then they wandered off."

"I don't think Lucas and Clara would like that." Artie pointed out, crossing his arms as he leaned back on the couch.

"They're not our parents." Angie shot back before walking off and leaving the room, Artie calling after her.

"Don't leave me here!"

Outside, Hedgewick's...

"Was this really the biggest amusement park in the universe?" Clara asked as she and Lucas walked with Porridge along some disused tracks that must've been used for either a ride or form of transport around the park. The Doctor and Lexi were ahead of them as they were inspecting and scanning, Lucas keeping a curious eye on them as they did so.

"Yeah." Porridge nodded, responding to Clara's question. "Hedgewick bought the planet cheap. It'd been trashed in the Cyber-Wars."

"Who were we fighting?" Lucas enquired as he looked away from what the Doctor and Lexi were doing.

"Cybermen." Porridge answered. "Technologically upgraded warriors. We couldn't win." He shook his head at the thought before continuing. "Sometimes we fought to a draw, but then they'd upgrade themselves, fix their weaknesses and destroy us. It's hard to fight an enemy that uses your armies as spare parts."

"You had to beat them somehow." Clara pointed out. "Or else you wouldn't be here. So how'd you do it?"

"Look up there." Porridge pointed up to the sky. "The corner of the sky. What do you see?"

"I don't see anything." Lucas frowned slightly, tilting his head. "No stars. Just... darkness."

"It used to be the Tiberion Spiral Galaxy." Porridge explained. "A million star systems. A hundred million worlds, a billion trillion people. It's not there anymore. No more Tiberion Galaxy. No more Cybermen." He sighed. "It was effective."

"That's horrible." Clara whispered sadly.

"Yeah." Porridge agreed. "I feel like a monster sometimes."

"Why?"

"Because instead of mourning a billion trillion dead people, I just feel sorry for the poor blighter who had to press the button and blow it all up."