Chapter Five - Stuck with Him

Alessandro's POV:

I don't know why seeing her crying like this made me sad. I'm not supposed to feel anymore. Yet here I am trying to make her happy.

She's now sitting on the counter watching me making pancakes.

"Am I going to see my family ever again?" She asked me sounding nervous.

"If you show me that I can trust you, I will let you see them." She looked at me with a smile on her beautiful face.

"You can trust me, I won't tell anybody about what I saw, promise!" She stated excitedly.

"Will see about that. Now lets eat!" We walked to the table and began to eat.

I'm turning soft.

"You don't have a family?" She asked me with a full mouth. She's so cute.

"No." I said trying to avoid her pitiful gaze.

She looked sad for a moment.

"Oh, I'm sorry are they dead?" She stopped eating and asked me.

"I don't really wanna talk about that." I told her truthfully.

The nightmares are already enough for me. I don't want to remember anything now.

"I understand." She said eating again.

"After my mother died my dad left me and went away." I looked at her and saw sadness in her eyes.

What the hell is happening to me? I've never told anyone about my parents, except to Giovanni!

I told her that I don't want to talk about it but still I did tell her.

"My dad left us too!" Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Why?" What a stupid question to ask, Alessandro. I mentally face palmed myself.

"I don't know." She almost whispered.

Her eyes began to fill with tears again.

Shit.

"I didn't mean to make you sad! Please don't cry!" I said in a caring voice.

"Why are you so good to me? I thought the mafia kills people?"

I kill people, tesoro! But I can't bring myself to harm you. I don't even know why.

This girl will be the death of me.

And she's only been here a day.

"Well I don't harm beautiful, innocent girls like you!" I told her. She blushed and tried to avoid my gaze.

Silence took over.

"Alessandro, you dickhead!" Ugh. What does he want now?!

"What do you want, Giovanni? I glared at him.

This annoying piece of shit. I don't even know why he's my best friend.

"Oh I didn't know we have a guest!" He winked at Arabella.

"Hi there, I'm Giovanni! This ugly mans best buddy." He told her.

"I'm Arabella!" She responded shyly.

"What do you want?" I repeated my question.

"Breakfast!" He sat himself down and began to eat.

Asshole.