Chapter Seventeen - Husband-to-be

Arabella's POV:

Slowly walking up the short stairs that lead to the house I'll be living in from now on, I feel like I was suffocating. The pain in my chest was getting to much to handle but still I managed to hold my tears back. I don't want to appear weak in front of anyone.

Suddenly the huge doors flew open and snapped me out of my thoughts. Three people, Two elders and a man who seems to be in his early thirties were standing in front of us. They greeted my father and then shifted their onto me. I felt uncomfortable under their sharp gaze, so I looked down at my feet.

"So this is my wife?" The man in his early thirties asked. So he's the one I'm going to marry. He didn't look bad but I don't know why I felt that there is something evil in his eyes. The way he looked at me from head to toe made me want to crawl up in a corner and not let anyone see me.

"Y-yeah, this is my daughter Arabella." My dad pulled me next to him. "She's a beauty!" The older lady claimed. This has to be his mother she looks exactly like him. The blue eyes and the ashy blond hair. "Thank you!" I whispered while looking down. "Let's get in, shall we?" The old man said. My father nodded and we got inside.

Like expected the house was huge and beautifully decorated from the inside. The walls were a light grey with small white details, the furnishing was all white and very classy, big chandeliers hung from the ceiling. The house was gorgeous but it didn't feel like home.

"Are you done staring at the house?" A deep voice asked arrogantly. It was him. Clement. "I'm sorry, the house is beautiful!" I don't want to have a marriage where we are fighting all the time so I tried my best to be as civil as possible, even though I wanted to smack this arrogant bastard's head. "I don't have all day, so please follow me." He grabbed by my arm and led me to the living room where everyone was seated.

But my father was nowhere to be seen. So he left me here all alone with people I don't know. "Your father left because he has business to deal with but he will attend the wedding in a week." I thought the wedding was in a month. So he lied to me. I just nodded trying to hold back the tears. "Clement would you please escort your fiancé to her room, I'm sure she wants to rest." His mother said. "Sure!" He went ahead and I followed him. "What about my luggage?" I asked him after realizing that I didn't get my luggage from the car. "It's already in our room." He assured me coldly. "What do you mean by our room?" I questioned hoping that I wouldn't have to share a room with him. "You'll be sleeping with me." He stated nonchalantly. "Don't worry I'll wait till our wedding night although it will be hard." He smirked and his eyes traveled down my body to which I shifted uncomfortably. It disgusted me.

I miss you so much, Alessandro!

***

Clement's POV:

She looked scared and as if she didn't want this marriage to happen but she still tried to be civil. She's not the type of woman I usually go for, but she sure is a beauty. An innocent one at that. She looks pretty young too.

But it's time for me to get married and get an heir. I'm already thirty-two years old and she's the perfect girl for being a mother for my children. It's gonna be fun having her as my wife.

It's been hours since she arrived and she haven't left her room at all, so I decided to check up on her. When I entered the room it was empty, her luggage was open and clothes were on the bed. She's probably in the bathroom. I decided to wait till she comes out and she after a few minutes in nothing but a white fluffy towel.

What a sight I thought to myself.

Arabella's PoV:

I gasped when I saw Clement sitting on the edge of the bed staring at me. I was just in a towel in front of his perverted eyes. I was too embarrassed to do anything. He then got up and started to walk towards me. "W-why are you here?" I stuttered holding my towel tight. "It's my room too remember." He cockily stated. When I looked up he was too close for my liking. "You're so beautiful, Arabella." He put a strand of loose wet hair behind my ear. I didn't know what to say I was frozen in my place. Suddenly his eyes moved to my lips and he began to lean his head closer but before his lips could meet mine I moved my head to the side so lips landed on my cheek instead of my lips.

This seems to have angered him because his hold on my arm tightened. I looked up to see anger rising up in his eyes. I beyond scared I don't even know who this man is or what he's capable of. Seconds after our staring contest I felt a sharp stinging pain on my left cheek and fell on the floor. He hit me. "Don't you ever dare to reject me again! Do you understand?!" He grabbed me from my hair and made me stand up again. "I-I'm s-sorry!" I sobbed holding my towel even tighter. "You should be you little bitch!" He threw on the bed and left the room.

I couldn't believe what just happened. I couldn't stop crying. I was a mess. Oh Alessandro I miss you so much. I wish you were with me now, I wish you can take me away from this monster. This will be my life from now on.

***

End of chapter 17.

Things took a turn😶

Please comment, vote and share💖

Love you💘