Chapter Seven - Feelings

Arabella's POV:

It's been a week since what happened at the charity gala. And Alessandro has been ignoring me the whole week.

I haven't even done anything wrong. But luckily for me, he seems to have forgotten about my punishment or he realized that it wasn't my fault.

Right now I'm sitting in the living room alone. Alessandro is in his office. He doesn't come out of his office much. I wonder what he does all day in there.

Probably planning how to kill and kidnap as much people as possible.

"The wedding is in two weeks." A voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

Alessandro. Who else?

"No! If you think I will marry you then you're living in your dreams!" I shouted at him.

I was so angry at that moment. He's been ignoring me for the whole week and now he
tells me that our wedding is in a week.

Hell no! Never freaking ever!

"What do you mean by no?! We'll be getting married and that's final!" He angrily replied to me.

"You can't force me to marry you, you arrogant bastard!" I couldn't control my anger anymore. He's driving me crazy.

"Oh yes, I can, tesoro!" He simply said and walked away.

Fuck him.

"In your dreams!" I yelled.

Then I heard a door closing, which means he got out of the house.

Asshole.

----------------------------------

Alessandro's POV:

"Sir the shipment is ready." One of my men told me.

"Good, go and control everything before loading it." I said looking through the papers on my desk.

I was currently sitting in my office in the basement. I couldn't stay at home any longer. Arabella was being a pain in the ass.

I know she has every right to be angry at me but I'm doing this to protect her. No one will think of coming near her if they know that she's my wife.

Of course some of my enemies will come at her to get to me because she's my wife, but I can still protect her better.

And I can't let her go. She knows to much about me and my business and I can't trust her fully yet.

A part of me doesn't want to let her go because I can't imagine not seeing her everyday. She's got under my skin. I can't explain the feeling when I see her.

Her beauty and innocence captivates me every time I look at her.

It's wrong. I know all of this is wrong but I can't help it. She's something else. She's so different from all the other women I had in my life.

When I saw her talking to that excuse of man named Xavier, I couldn't help but feel jealous. I don't want her near any man and she's been with me only for a week or so.

It's only then when I realized the danger she's in. Xavier will try to get to her and I can't let it happen. He's dangerous. I'm dangerous too... but I would never harm an innocent girl like her. Ever.

The only way to protect her is to marry her.

She will be the death of me.

---------------------------------

After some time.

I got home really late at night. It was like 2:00 am or something. I was walking to my room when I heard sounds coming from Arabella's room.

I neared myself to her door and tried to hear what those sounds are.

I finally realized that the sounds were sobs. Her sobs. She was crying.

I closed my eyes and clenched my jaw. She was crying because of me. I felt guilty. I never even felt guilty once when I killed people who begged me not to, but I'm feeling guilty for making her cry.

I slowly opened the door and went in.

She was curled up in the bed and her back was facing me.

"Arabella." I said softly trying not to scare her.

She quickly wiped her tears and turned around to face me.

"What do you want?" She asked me her voice cracking.

I sat myself on the edge of the bed and motioned her to come to me.

"No!" She turned her head away from me.

"Please?" I begged.

"Why?" Why?... that's a good question. I thought to myself.

I didn't answer her. I stood up and walked to the side of the bed she was sitting on and pulled her close to me.

"I'm doing all this to protect you, tesoro." I told her and she liftet her and looked me in the eyes.

God. I could melt in those beautiful blue eyes.

"From what?" She asked me.

"From everything." I didn't know what else to tell her.

"If you want to protect me, then let me go back home." She said tears streaming down her face.

I cupped her face and wiped her tears with my thumbs.

"I can't, tesoro!" She looked down in disappointment.

"You still don't trust me?" Now I do.

"I'm a selfish man, Arabella. Even if I trust I can't let you go." I admitted.

"Why?" She asked me again.

"Because I don't want you to go. I don't know why... but that's the truth, Arabella." I down avoiding her gaze.

"Can you stay with me tonight? I can't sleep... uhm... maybe if you sleep beside me, I will get to sleep." She said and I nodded.

No nightmares tonight. I will be sleeping beside an angel again.

We lied on the bed and I pulled to my me. Her head was on my chest. I could feel the warmth of her body.

Now I'm sure that I can't imagine my life without her anymore.

She is the peace I need.

With her I will be able to defeat my demons from the past.

All of this is new for me.

But one thing is sure. I have feelings for Arabella Knight.

And that's what scares me the most.

-------------------------------------------------------🥀

So this was chapter seven.

Vote and comment.

Bye bye!

Love you ❤️