Chapter Thirteen - All I need

All that you are is all that I will ever need.
- Unknown

Arabella's POV:

Never in my life I imagined to be in a situation like this. A man is kneeling in front of me with a beautiful ring in his hands. Not any man, a freaking mafia boss. Alessandro.

I've been staring at the ring for too long now without saying a single word. Alessandro noticed this but he's still on his knees waiting for my answer.

"Arabella?" He broke the awkward silence.

I don't know why but I took steps back when he spoke. "Arabella!!" He shouted this time. I didn't realize that I was on the edge of the cliff till I stumbled backwards. I closed my eyes and screamed, I thought I was going to fall but I felt to strong arms wrapped around me holding me.

"Are you out of your mind!!" Alessandro yelled at me while carrying me near the car.

"I-I..." I didn't know what to say. He sat me on the car front and ran his hand through his hair frustrated. "What's wrong, Arabella?" He asked in a serious tone. "I-I don't know." That's all I managed to say to him. I was embarrassed, he proposed to me and I nearly fell from the cliff and died. Way to go, Arabella! I thought to myself.

"Let's get you home." He picked me up and put me in the passenger seat. He got in the car and drove off.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked him keeping my head down. He didn't answer me. Ok, he's really mad now. "Alessandro?" I pushed.
"What is it, Arabella?" She shouted. He was really angry.

"Nothing." I mumbled and felt tears stinging my eyes. Don't cry, Arabella. Don't cry. But I couldn't hold it back anymore. My stupidness ruined everything.

"Stop crying, Arabella." He said calmly this time. "But I ruined everything... the ring is gone now! I sobbed. The ring fell down the cliff when Alessandro rescued me from falling too.

"It's ok I'll buy you a new one. So the answer is yes?" He questioned me and a smile crept on his beautiful face.

I kept my head down while nodding. "I was just shocked a little." I mumbled. "You scared me to death, Arabella! What if I didn't catch you? You would be dead now!" He was frustrated. He's right I'm careless.

"Im sorry!" I apologized to him. "Never do this again!" He scolded me and I nodded.

After a while we arrived to my house. Alessandro kissed my cheek and unbuckled my belt. "Buona notte, angel!" He said. "What?" I can't speak italian so I have no idea what he said to me.

"It means good night." He chuckled. "Oh, good night to you too then." I said and kissed him on the cheek.

I opened the door and got out of the car. He waited for me to get in and then drove off. He's such a gentleman.

-----------------
Alessandro's POV:

I was so angry at her. Like how could she be so careless? I mean she could have died if I didn't catch her. At least I got an answer it didn't go like I want it to go, but she said yes and that's the most important thing.

I was driving back to the hotel after dropping my angel at her home when my phone began to ring. "Si?" I picked up the phone and spoke.
"B-boss, we have a... p-problem." He stuttered.
"What is it?" I asked harshly. "Dimitri knows about Arabella." Fuck. That fucking bastard.

I cut the call and turned around driving to Arabella. I can't leave her alone when this motherfucker knows about her. He will try to take her and I won't allow this. Ever. No one touches what's mine.

I arrived at her house and immediately rang the bell. "Who's this?" A sweet voice asked. Arabella. She's safe now I'm relieved. "It's me, angel." She opened the door and looked at me with a confused expression on her face. "Alessandro? Is something wrong?" She asked me and I pulled her into a hug. I hugged her so tight like my life depends on it.

"Alessandro, you're scaring me." She said. "I just missed you." I stated. "We were together just like a few minutes ago." She said now looking into my eyes. "I don't care." I pulled closer to me and nuzzled my nose in her hair. She smells so good.

"Come in." She pulled me inside and up to her room. Looks like her family is asleep. "Nice room you've got here." I complement. "Thank you." "So, I know you're not here just because you miss me, so tell what you want." She crossed her arms on her chest. "You." I took off my suit jacket and shoes and layed myself on her. I'm not going to tell her what's happening I don't want to scare her.

She got a little closer and I took the opportunity and pulled her down to me. She put her head on my chest and her hand around my waist.

"I missed this a lot!" She said while nuzzling her nose in the crook of my neck. "Me too, angel. Now go to sleep." I pecked her on the head and pulled the blanket over us. She was all I needed right now.

Tonight I will sleep without nightmares again like everytime I sleep when she's in my arms.

--------------------
Arabella's POV:

I know that something is wrong with Alessandro but I decided not to push it anymore.

Nothing is better than sleeping in Alessandro's arms. Even back then when I was kidnapped I loved the way we used to sleep next to each other. I felt safe and protected in his arms. He was like the shield protecting me from every harm.

I've never felt like this before. This is all so new to me. Who would have ever imagined that plain old Arabella would in the arms of hot mafia boss and not just that, he's my freaking fiancé. Never in my life did I imagine to marry at the age of 19. I wonder how old he is. I will just ask him tomorrow.

Let's just hope that mom won't walk in on us. Even though we're just sleeping she will think that we did something else.

I looked at Alessandro and saw him sleeping peacefully. He must of been really exhausted. I closed my eyes too and slowly drifted to sleep.

-----------------------

End of chapter 13.

Please, vote comment and share!🌹

Love you ❤️