Chapter Fifteen - Heartbreak

Arabella's POV:

Every time I find myself happy something has to come and ruin it for me. It's like I'm not allowed to be happy for a long time. My happiness is always short lived. I know I probably sound like an pessimistic person but that's just how it is in my life.

What hurts me the most is that the ones who should be my family and people who should care for me are the ones who end my happiness. I've never imagined him to come back to my life. I always thought if he would come back that he would actually come because he missed me and because he's sorry for what he did to me and mom.

But of course I was wrong again. I try to find the good in people no matter how bad they actually are and how much they've hurt me. That's why I always end up hurt at the end.

Unfortunately I'm one of those people who could be hurt by someone multiple times but still believes that there's a good side of them.

And now I'm torn between two people I love and never want to lose. My mom and Alessandro. I can't let my mom go to jail. Even though I had so much planned for me and Alessandro. There is still so much I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him how much I love him and how much I want to be by his side for the longest time. Hell we didn't even share our first kiss. And now we have to be separated when everything started to be good.

Yes I love him.

It's funny how you become certain of your feelings for someone when you're about to lose him. I've never imagined to love someone to this extent. I always made fun of people who thought they can't live without their partners. But now I understand the pain.

But I think that my decision is clear. I don't know what my mom has done to be put in jail but I still can't let her go to prison. If not for my sake for the sake of my little brother and sister. They'll be devastated without her and I know that I'm not able to take care of them.
Maybe it's time for me to sacrifice something like she always did for us. No matter how hard it'll be I have to do this for my family.

Today I will have to tell my so-called father my final decision and I haven't even spoken to Alessandro yet. It's about time I tell him.

So I made my upstairs to my room where Alessandro was talking to someone on the phone. He stayed at my home for these two days. He was always asking me about what my father wanted from me, but I never found the courage to tell him. I'm afraid he'll kill him. But now I have to.

I opened the door to my room and saw standing in front of the window looking outside while talking on phone. When he realized my presence in the room he turned around and gave me a little smile. I fought the tears back that were threatening to fall when he smiled at me. How can I be able to not see his beautiful face everyday.

He finally cut the call and approached me. "What's wrong, angel?" He asked me and his eyes held concern. "We have to talk." I managed to say without letting myself breakdown. He nodded and sat himself on the edge of my bed and I followed him. "Alessandro, I-I'm sorry but everything between us has to end here." I said my voice cracking at the end. I tried to avoid looking into his eyes as much as possible.

"Why?" He put his index finger under my chin and lifted my head up to meet his eyes. And I tried my best not to drown into his beautiful eyes who held hurt and concern. "I don't love you!" I blurted out. I couldn't believe what I said. "Bullshit!" He spat. "I don't love you, Alessandro! I don't want to be with you! Why don't you understand that?!" I stood up from my place and yelled at him.

"Why did you agree to marry me then?" He yelled equally loud as me. "I-I don't know! Maybe I thought that I love you, but now I'm certain that I don't." I didn't know what else to say.

He just looked at me without saying a single word. I could see hurt in his eyes. He was hurt. Hurt by me.

"I just want to know what changed all of sudden we were good. What happened?" He broke the silence after a couple of minutes.
"I'm sorry but I don't want anything to do with a criminal." I know this hurt him and this will probably make him hate me but so be it. Maybe it's for the best if he hates me. "I don't believe a word of what you're saying and I will get to the bottom of this. I promise." And with that he left my room and my house.

That's when I finally stopped holding my breath and broke down. I cried and cried. I cried for everything bad happened and is yet to happen to me. I cried for myself and for my luck. I cried for Alessandro and for the hurt and sadness I saw in his mesmerizing eyes. I cried my heart out till sleep finally took over me.

***

"Arabella?" I voice woke me up from my sleep. "Arabella why are you sleeping on the floor?" My mom asked concerned. I looked to door and saw that the devil himself was staring at me with a disgusted look. Yes, he looked at his own daughter with disgust.

"Leave us alone, Elizabeth!" His voice echoed in the room. I always flinched when I heard his voice when I was a kid and now is no different. My didn't even look at him and went out of the room. It's clear that she still fears him. I can't blame her she experienced the worst when she was with him. He closed the door behind her and walked towards me till he stood right in front of me.

"So, what should it be, Arabella? Your mom in jail or marrying Clement?" He asked me casually like it was the easiest choices given.
I'm sorry Alessandro! I love you with all my heart.

"I will marry him." I said looking down. I don't want him to see my tears, I don't want him to see how weak I am.

"That's what I thought! The wedding is in a month and you'll meet Clement tomorrow. We are invited to his place tomorrow at six. So be ready and don't disappoint your father." He then left the room and closed the door behind him.

And I was left to cry my eyes out again. How much I wish to have Alessandro by my side now. I wish I can nuzzle myself in his warm arms and feels safe with him. I miss him so fucking much and it's not even few hours since he left. How am I supposed to live without being able to see him, touch him and hear his voice.

I love you, Alessandro!

***

End of chapter 15.

Please vote, comment and share!

Love you ❤️