Chapter Thirty - Smart girl

Arabella's POV:

"What do you want?" I asked getting nervous because of his hard gaze on me. "Can't I come see my fiancé?" He responded. "No you can't, because first I'm not your fiancé anymore and second I'm a married woman now!" I said the last part louder. He's annoying the shit out of me. He didn't want me in the first place, so why now?

"Do you know how embarrassed I was in front of all the guests when it came out that my fucking bride ran away with her lover? Her lover who's our fucking enemy!" He seethed venom lacing in every word he said. "So that's what's all about? You should be happy I did that! You never wanted me and me neither and I freed you from this, so why are you complaining now? If it is because of the embarrassment you had to face in front of the guests then I'm sorry." Suddenly he broke into a fit of laughter making my confusion increase. "What's so funny?" I questioned him.

"You don't understand. Do you?" "Enlighten me." "Your husband is one of the biggest mafia bosses in the world and now I heard that he's reunited with the old Lazzaro. So now that I have you I will have something against him. No one managed to have anything against him all this years, but now I have." He explained making my heart beat faster and faster. He wants to use me to get to Alessandro. I won't let that happen.

"Look, if you think that Alessandro will come after you if you have me then you're wrong. Me and him are not in love, infact we hate each other. He only married me because he was afraid I will tell someone about him." I lied to protect Alessandro and myself. I have to be smart to get rid of him. His brows furrowed in confusion. "You can't fool me." He finally said after analyzing my face for a moment. "I'm telling the truth! I don't want anything to do with this. You and Alessandro can kill each other for all I care just don't drag me into this!" I yelled trying to seem convincing.

From under the table I dialed Alessandro's number hoping Clement won't notice and that Alessandro will pick up. My prayers got answered when I saw that he finally picked up the call. "You can't just come and threaten me in a small cafe just next to where I live, Clement, just because you have some issues with my husband!" I hope Alessandro got what I meant. "Oh I fucking can and you're coming with me!" He stood up walking towards me. That's when I got a text from Alessandro saying that he's coming and telling me to distract him. "I can give you information on him!" I said struggling to find a better distraction.

"And what kind of information?" He tilted his head to the right letting go of my arm. "Anything." I replied quickly. He looked me up and down warily. His gaze was making uncomfortable, it was as if he was seeing all what was going on in my mind. "I never thought you're such a smart girl, Arabella." He chuckled. He was getting on my nerves. "The mafia life of my husband taught me quiet a few things." I stated proudly but on the inside I was trembling with fear praying that Alessandro will finally come. We stared at each other for seconds that felt like hours to me.

"Not a smart move, Clement." I heard a familiar deep voice saying. He's here. He came for me. I looked at Clement seeing his face paling and knuckles turning white from the amount of pressure he's putting on them. "And one of those things is how to trick disgusting people like you!" I smirked happy about my triumph. "It's not over, Lazzaro!" He turned to Alessandro before exiting the place. I let out breath I didn't know I was holding before wrapping my arms around Alessandro and cry into his warm embrace.

"I'm sorry I left the house when you told me not to!" I sobbed. "It's ok, bambino!" He comforted me. "Let's go home." I nodded.

After some time

"You're a smart girl, bambino." He complimented me as I was lying on his chest on the couch. I hope Mr. Lazzaro won't show up anytime soon. "How many times you want to repeat this?" He said like a 100 times since we got back. Clement said it too. It must be true then. Joking.

"It's the truth, angel!" He stated while stroking my cheek with his thumb. Suddenly I felt nauseous as if I was going to throw up. I quickly untangled myself from Alessandro's embrace and ran to the nearest bathroom. "Arabella, what's wrong?" I heard him shouting from across the room.

I was emptying the content in my stomach in the toilet when I felt hair being lifted up from my shoulder and a hand drawing reassuring circles on my back. "I will call a doctor!" He said fear evident in his voice. I washed my mouth and face before answering "No need, it's just a cold I think." "You think? That doesn't help. I will call a doctor and that's final. Now let's get you to bed." He picked me up bridal style making me screech in surprise and carried me upstairs to our room.

"Have you eaten something today?" He asked me as he was tugging me in the bed. "Yes." I answered truthfully. "I will call the doctor now, you better stay here." He warned me to which I nodded. There's no use in arguing with him. He will do it even if I begged him not to.

After 20 minutes Alessandro came back into the room with a middle aged woman, who must be the doctor. "Good evening, mrs. Lazzaro!" She greeted me flashing her perfect white teeth. "Hi!" I replied sheepishly. I always hated doctors and hospitals. I know they save lives, but they're not my thing. I looked at Alessandro to see him fiddling nervously with the hem of his white dress shirt.

"Could you please leave the room, so I can check on her, sir?" She asked Alessandro who didn't seem to pleased to hear this. He sighed before leaving the room and closing the door behind him. "Is this your first time feeling nauseous this week?" She asked me. "Uhm, actually no, I was feeling nauseous yesterday too, but I think it's just a cold." I told her.
"Hmm, when was the last time you had your period?" She then asked making my heart drop to my stomach. No it can't be!

***

End of chapter 30

Sorry for not updating for so long!😔

I was busy with school and I actually still am, but I didn't want you to wait any longer.

Also I think I will end this story after at least 5-6 more chapters.

And don't forget to check my new story "Midnight memories". I would be very happy if you did that!

Love you♥️