Chapter Twenty One - First kiss

Arabella's POV:

It's been two weeks now, since the incident at the wedding and Alessandro doesn't leave me alone a second. He has to be with me all the time and when he has something important to do he leaves me with two bodyguards who are following me around all the time, even when I'm at home.

I get why he is so protective over me, but it's suffocating me, and Clement hasn't done anything till now and I don't think he will. What caught my attention the most these days is the tension between my mom and Alessandro. Every time she tries to speak to him, he turns around and leaves. I asked him why he's behaving this way towards my mom, but I got no answer and my mom won't tell me too.

What could have happened, that they're behaving this way. Right now I'm in my room lying on the bed and watching tv. My room is the only place where my bodyguards aren't allowed to get in, which I'm thankful for. I need some space. Alessandro isn't here because he has some "business" to deal with and when he says business, he surely means killing people and smuggling drugs. It's what mafia bosses do, isn't it? A noise echoed in the room and snapped me out of my thoughts. It's my phone and Alessandro is calling. "Hello?" I answered the call. "Tesoro, I want you to be ready at 4 pm." "Why?" I asked confused. "We're going to marry." He said nonchalantly.

"Are you crazy?" I couldn't believe what he's saying. I know that he wanted to marry me since the begging, but I'm sure as hell not going to marry like this. I want a big wedding and a beautiful white dress. "Look, we have to do this, Arabella! Clement is searching for you! My men informed me about that, cause I told them to keep an eye out at him. He won't be able to do anything if we get married." He explained. "B-but, I've always dreamed of a big wedding." I felt the tears in my eyes as my voice cracked at the end. "Don't cry, bambino. We can always renew our vows and about the wedding dress, I've already gotten you one, it's in your closet. Now get ready and I will come and pick you up. Ok, bambino?" He was so sweet and caring almost as he isn't this scary mafia boss he was at the beginning. "Ok!" I said and cut the call. At least I'm going to marry the man I love this time.

He bought me a wedding dress! Let's check it out. I opened the closet and was met with a ravishingly beautiful white dress. When did he put it in there? I asked myself. I let my fingers glide against the soft fabric of the dress. He sure has a good fashion sense. The dress is elegant and classy yet modern. Totally my style.

Alessandro's POV:

After ending the call with my angel, I returned the room in the basement where a traitor was held captive. Everyone knows what happens with traitors. They will die a slow and painful death, but not before giving me the answers I want. I kicked the door open and was met with a fearful face looking right in my eyes. I love seeing the fear dripping from their faces. I felt adrenaline rushing in my blood, I wanted to let the anger from these couple weeks out and he was the best option for me to release it. "Either you speak right away and tell me whom you're working for or I can bring it out from you by myself, and believe me it will hurt a lot!" I said in a low dangerous voice while taking slow steps to where he was tied in a chair. "I-I'm so sorry, boss! Please spare my life and have mercy on me." I cried for his life. It was amusing to see how scared he was. Such a coward. He didn't know I fed on fear, he didn't know that his failing attempts at apologizing are like music to my ears.

"Why were you spying on my girl and for whom?" I questioned him ignoring his pleads. He looked down in shame, that's when I grabbed his face in my hand and made him look into my anger filled eyes. "So you're not going to answer me? Fine. Dante get me the tools." I glanced his way and saw him stiffing and whimpering. "Oh you don't wanna know what's awaiting you, figlio di puttana!" I smirked. When he saw the tool I picked from the box Dante brought me he decided to speak. "Please, no! I'll tell you everything, boss!!" He sobbed. "Speak!" I shouted at him for taking so long to utter a single word. "C-Clement Maxwell." My eyes widened in shock. I should have known, how could I be so stupid! I scolded myself. "He said he will pay me a lot of money if I help him kidnap Ms Knight." That bastard I will kill him. "So you did this for money?" "P-please, forgive me!" "Don't you think that it is to late for that now?" I asked him a devilish smirk appearing at my face. "B-boss, please!" He pleaded. "Cut his fingers and then burn him alive!" I commanded Dante. "Please, have mercy on me!" He sobbed harder this time.Without a second glance I turned around and left the room, ignoring his screams and pathetic pleading. He deserves worse. That's what you get when you even just think about double crossing me.

The only thing I want to think about now is my lovely angel Arabella. You'll be my wife today.

***

After some time.

I entered the door to my mansion, excited to see my beautiful angel in that white dress I chose for her. Without wasting a second I climbed up the stairs to our room. I knocked in case she's still not ready and waited for her response. When I finally heard her angelic voice telling me to come in, I twisted the knob and opened the door to be met with the beautiful creature in the beautiful white dress standing in front of me while blushing and looking down.

She's so cute when she blushes. "Bellissimo!" I complemented her while walking towards her slowly. "You look bellissimo too!" She stated shyly and I couldn't help but chuckle at her attempt to you use an italian word in her sentence. "Thank you, amore mio!" I thanked her cupping her cheeks in my palms and planting a kiss on her forehead. "You look beautiful, Arabella!" A small voice interuppted our romantic encounter. It was Arabella's little sister, who was standing beside her twin brother. "Thank you, Fiona!" Arabella kneeled down to her level and hugged her little sister.

"Are you ready, kids!" Arabella's mother asked. I didn't even notice her presence when I came in. "Let's go!" I held Arabella's arm in mine and led her to the door. We finally reached the backyard of the mansion where the ceremony was held and walked Arabella to the aisle. "When did you prepare all this?" Arabella asked me. "Last night." I answered before we arrived at the end of the aisle, where the priest expected us.

"Today, ladies and gentlemen, we want to celebrate the union of these two souls and give them our blessings for a healthy marriage and love filled future. So let's begin, my son!" The priest said.

"Do you, Alessandro Lazzaro, take Arabella Knight as your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to cherish for all eternity?"

"I do!"

"Now repeat after me, my son!"

"I Alessandro Lazzaro, take you Arabella Knight, to be my wife, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together.

I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live."

Do you, Arabella Knight, take Alessandro Lazzaro, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish for all eternity?"

She looked me in the eyes and gave me an angelic smile before she said "I do!"

"Repeat after me!" The priest commanded.

  "I, Arabella Knight, take you, Alessandro Lazzaro, to be my friend, my lover, the father of my children and my husband. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity. " 

"I now pronounce you husband and wife!"

"Now you may kiss your wife." I grabbed Arabella by the waist gently and liftet her head to meet my eyes before planting a kiss on her soft pink lips. Our first kiss.

***

End of chapter 21.

They're finally married!

Sorry if there's any mistake with the wedding ceremony. I don't know how christian weddings work because I'm not a christian, so sorry.

Hope you like it!

Don't forget to vote!

Love you ❤️