Chapter Twenty Eight - Forgive me

Arabella's POV:

A week went by and our relationship is getting better and better each day. We tell each other everything, and don't keep secrets. Or so I hope. His father contacted him yesterday again again and said that he wants to meet up with him tomorrow.

I won't lie and say that I'm not scared of how the things will turn out tomorrow. Alessandro has every right to be mad at his father, but I still hope they could fix the issues between them. Alessandro promised me that he'll hear him out. That's what's making me somewhat relieved. But still I have this nagging feeling in my stomach that something is going to happen.

Alessandro has been in his office all day and I'm in our room lying on the bed not really knowing what to do. So I decided to go see my husband. When I was a couple of steps away from his office I heard him talking to somebody. More like screaming at someone. I feel bad for whoever he's talking to. I turned the knob and opened the door. He instantly looked up when he sensed my presence in his office. I send him a smile before making my way towards him and sitting myself on his lap.

He looked tense and angry, so I straddled him and started to massage his tensed shoulders. Suddenly he yelled again at the phone in Italian making me flinch and stop my movement. After a while he ended the call and ran a hand through his thick dark hair. "Is everything ok?" I finally found the courage to ask.

"Everything is fine, just some problems with work." He answered. "Well, I'm here to make you feel better." I declared hugging him tight. He hugged me back kissing the top of my head. He seems to relax now. "Didn't you have a maid before? Where's she?" I don't how this popped up in my head. "Dianora? She's with her son he's sick, so she needs to take care of him." He responded.

"Why do you ask?" He asked me. "I just wondered where she is, haven't seen her since a long time." I answered. "About tomorrow..." I started. "What about it?" He sighed slightly annoyed. "Try to be as calm as possible, and don't let him provoke you to do something you'll regret." He needs to learn how to control his temper. If he doesn't, I see black for tomorrow. "I don't want to talk about this now." He shrugged.

"Fine." I gave up and rested my head on his masculine chest that was on display through the three unbuttoned buttons of his white dress shirt. How did I become so lucky to have the italian Adonis as my husband. He's surely the most beautiful man I've ever laid my eyes on. I could drown in his beautiful hazel eyes anytime anywhere. I was disturbed from admiring my gorgeous husband by the annoying cellphone of him ringing.

"Sí?" He answered, his voice deep and velvety. "Verrò!" He finally said and ended the call. I looked at his face to see him angry and stressed again. "I need to leave now, tesoro." He stated before I got up from his lap. "Is everything ok?" I asked concerned. He nodded and then gave me a quick kiss on the lips before he left me alone in his office.

There's something wrong. I feel it. I thought we won't be having any secrets anymore, but it seems like he just forgot about his promise. Till when do I have to live in oblivion while things happen that not only concern him, but also me. If this continues I will have to take matters into my own hand, and find out myself what's going on.

***

Alessandro's POV:

"Like you can see, boss. This car has been following your wife everywhere she goes. We have noticed this before, but we just wanted to make sure we're not imagining things, hence why we decided to check the CCTV of the streets where your wife has been." Dante explained the situation to me. I could kill from anger right now. My blood is boiling and I need to let out my wrath.

"Seems like Clement hasn't given up yet, even though he knows you've married her." Giovanni added. "Find the owner of the car and bring to me!" I growled deeply. If he wants war he gets war. No playing with Alessandro Lazzaro.

***

The next day

Sitting on a bench at the harbor, tapping my feet on the ground nervously, waiting for the man who destroyed my life to finally show up, I grew more impatient each second passing. A million questions are going inside my head. 'Why does he want to meet me now?' 'How does he look like?' 'Did he ever love me?' As the questions won't seem to end, I saw a figure nearing me slowly. I looked up to see a tall man, who was a replica of me, but with grey hair and wrinkles standing in front of me. It was him.

"Alessandro?" My name came out of his mouth, making me remember all the times he has said my name when I was a child. I stood up from my place never breaking eye contact. "I see you have grown up a lot." He chuckled. "No shit!" I answered sarcastically. "The smile on face vanished. Did he think I will welcome him with open arms, or what? If that's the case, he's deeply mistaken. "Forgive me, mio figlio!" He finally said after a while.

"It was all for you!" He continued. "Do you think it was easy for me to take a decision as such?" "I was put in a situation where I had to choose between my wife and my son!" He claimed. "You never loved her! Don't come at me and tell that it was hard for you! You wanted to get rid of her, and that was a perfect opportunity, no?" I completely lost my temper. How dare he think that he can fool me?

"It's true. I never loved her. She knew that from the beginning. She knew my heart was with someone else, but still she agreed to marry me. I never loved her, but I would never kill her. I knew you needed your mother, that's why I didn't divorce her. But when this situation came, it was clear for me that I would choose you no matter what." He eyes began tear.

I've never seen him like this before. He was always the strong man who always told me that boys don't cry. And now seeing him like this evoke something inside of me. Is it pity? Or something else?
"Why did you leave me then?" I asked curious as to why he left me when he loved me this much as he claimed to do. "You being with the capo de tutti capi means that's danger will always surround you, so I needed to protect you from my enemies and myself. That's why I gave you to Dianora." He stated a tear now falling down his wrinkled face.

"Forgive me, Alessandro." He pleaded this time. "You're everything I have left." He came closer. "Why now?" I questioned. His brows furrowed in confusion. "Why did you come now?" I made myself clearer. A smile made its way to his face. "Look at you. You've taken my place. You're the boss now. I always heard about your stories. About how everyone fears you and no one dares to mess with you. You made me proud! Now I know you can protect yourself." He answered truthfully. I looked in his eyes and saw only truth and pride.

He was saying the truth. He was proud of me. "I don't have many years left for me in this world. Who knows maybe I'll die tomorrow. But I don't want to die knowing that my son hates me." He continued coming even closer. "Forgive me!" This time he wrapped his arms around me very tight. I froze in my place not knowing what to do.

A few hours ago I was ready to kill him, and now all that hate vanished and longing replaced it. Longing for a parent to be with me. For a loving father. Longing for family. After a while I found myself hugging him back. It's the best I have ever felt.

"I forgive you, dad!"

***

End of chapter 28

That was an emotional chapter.

What do you think about Alessandro decision to finally forgive him?

And Clement is not giving up yet.

Happy New Year! Hope 2018 will be a great year for you!🎊🎉🎇💕

Thanks for all the love and support! ♥️

Love you♥️