Chapter Twenty - My angel is back

Alessandro's POV:

Seeing her in that beautiful white dress, standing at the altar next to the bastard, pained my heart. I prayed that I didn't come to late and that they have already gotten married. Then I heard the priest asking her to say her vows. That's when I signaled my men to start.

Shots were fired in the air. I didn't want anyone to get hurt and especially not my precious angel. Everyone was screaming and panicking, so I took the opportunity and ran to her. I heald her shivering form in my arms from behind and put a cloth at her face. She struggeled foremost but calmed down when I revealed my identidy. Her beautiful big blue eyes slowly drifted to sleep after I carried her bridal style out of the venue to my SUV.

I sighed in relief when the driver drove of with us. I have my angel back and no one is going to take her away from me again. Looking down at her peacefully sleeping face in my lap, I couldn't help but plant sincere kisses on her cheeks and forehead. She was looking ravishingly beautiful in that white dress. Like an angel. My angel.

"Non puoi immaginare quanto ti abbia perso, amore mio!" (You can't imagine how much I've missed you, my love!) I whispered holding her body closer to my chest. She looked slightly different. Her skin looked pale and I feel like she lost weight. Is she sick? What if something happened to her? I shrugged those thoughts out of my head and took my phone out to inform her mom, that I have her. "Hello?" I didn't want to hear her voice but Arabella is her daughter and she has to know if her daughter is fine. "Arabella is with me." I simply said and cut the call before letting her say anything.

I can't stand her and I never will. I'm just trying to tolerate her because she's Arabella's mom, otherwise I would have just killed her. She's one of the reasons my mother died after all and I despise everyone who has something to do with her death. If I knew from the beginning who Arabella's mom is I would have tried to let Arabella go, but now it's too late, I've already fallen for her and I'm not ready to lose her like I lost my mom. She's the only thing in this world that makes me happy and now I have my angel back.

"Sir, we arrived!" My driver informed me after opening the door for us to get out. After getting out of the car with Arabella in my hands I walked to my men who were standing in front of my private plane. "Is everything set?" "Yes, boss!" I entered the plane and put Arabella on a seat near the window and buckled her seat belt.

Let's get back to New York.

***

Clement's POV:

"What do you mean, you can't find her?!" I was getting insane. How the fuck did she disappear?! "Sir, the CCTV footage is ready!" I nodded at him and walked to my dads office. "Someone took her, Clement." My dad said while looking at the screen in front of him. "Who?" I stepped next to him lowering my self so I can see the footage clearly. "Alessandro Lazzaro?" I asked in disbelief. "Yes, my son." He confirmed. "But why would he do that?" "I don't know, but it seems that he wants war or is there something you're not telling us, mr Knight?" My dad looked at Arabella's father demanding an answer to his question. "Of course he wants war. I mean what would my daughter have to do with the italian mafia!" He answered quickly.

"I will kill that bastard, if he lays a finger on my fiancé!!" I screamed. I was beyond pissed. How dare he? She's mine!
"We'll find a way to get her back, son! But what is messing with my head is why would Alessandro Lazzaro want war with us? It's right we're a rival gang, but we haven't done anything wrong to him? I have a feeling that it has something to do with the girl." Could Arabella really have something to do with him?

"N-no, Arabella doesn't know him!" Mr Knight interfered. I feel something fishy is going on, the way he's trying to convince us that Arabella doesn't know Alessandro, the way he's sweating and stuttering, it's weird.
"Look old man, if you're lying to us I will chop you're dick off and feed it to the dogs!" I lost my temper. "Clement!" My dad warned me.

"Mr Knight, if you know something it's better if you speak so we can get your daughter back, otherwise we can't help you and the deal between us will be off." My dad tried to convince him to speak.
"F-fine!" The old man finally agreed to speak.
"Alessandro Lazzaro was my daughters fiancé." What the fuck?!

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" "Clement!" My dad warned me again. "I didn't know it was serious between them. Yes, she objected at first to leave him and marry your son, but then I convinced her and thought that everything will be okay afterwards." He told us while looking down and trembling in fear.

"How did you convince her?" My dad asked.
"I have something against her mother, that could put her in jail, so I blackmailed her with it." "The deal is off, Mr Knight! Get out of my house!" "No, dad! I will find her and marry her! I won't let her humiliate me in front of everyone and she'll pay for what she did!" "Clement!" My dad shouted at me while I was opening the door and getting out. If you think you can live your life happily with your lover, Arabella, then you're wrong, dead wrong.

And for you, Alessandro, I will make you pay. No one takes what's mine from me and gets away with it. She's mine and only mine! I don't care if she was yours before, the only thing I'm certain of is that I'll get her back and make pay, you fucking italian bastard.

***

A/N:
I feel like it's been so long since I've published a new chapter, so here's the 20th one. I hope you liked it even if it is rather short.

So Alessandro has Arabella back and Clement wants revenge.

Let's see how things will turn out in the next chapters.

I also wanted to thank those who are always voting and to those who don't, please vote.

Thank you for reading💖

Love you❤️