Epilogue

Arabella's POV:

"I want to sleep!" Alessandro's voice was muffled because of the pillow he held onto his face. I tried to hold back a laugh. He hasn't slept in a week. Me neither. Ever since those two bundles of joy arrived to our life we didn't see sleep at all. "It's only the first week, Alessandro and you're looking like an old man." I teased him. "I didn't know raising babies would be so exhausting." He argued back.

"Now go see what Valentina wants before Elia wakes up too." I said. He stood up from the bed and made his way to little Valentina's crib. They're both sleeping in our room because they always wake up crying in the middle of the night. "What do you want, principessa? Why aren't you letting us sleep, amore?" He cooed in her ear while rocking her back and forth in his arms. She finally stopped crying. "It seems like she wants to be in papà's arms all night." He said kissing her on her tiny rosy cheeks.

"I told you not to pick her up too much! Now she's used to being held all day and night." I said annoyed. I knew this was going to happen. He wanted to play with them all day. Now Elia didn't get used to being in his dads arms and can sleep alone, but the little princess is not. "What are you going to do now?" I questioned raising an eyebrow at him. "I'm going to let her sleep on my chest." He said walking with her to our bed. "That's not going to happen, Alessandro! What if you move and crunch her beneath you?" I argued.

"You know that I don't move much while sleeping or do you have a better idea, tesoro?" He mocked me. "Fine." I sighed in defeat. I was too tired to argue with him. He's too stubborn just like his daughter. At least Elia is calm like me. Indeed we slept peacefully all night after he let her sleep on his chest and it was the cutest sight ever.

***

A couple of years later

Alessandro's POV:

"Daddy!" My two little 3 year olds called me from upstairs. I have work to do, but I can't just ignore them. Those past years have been the most blissful years in my life. I took a break from all my work and let Dante take over my place and now that I'm back to work I won't be able to give them all my time. That's why I've been fighting with Arabella more recently. She wants me to quit for good, but she knows this will never happen. "Are you gonna answer them or are you gonna ignore them and go to 'work'?" Arabella asked emphasizing the word 'work'.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back to my children and ignoring Arabella's attempts of making me feel bad about choosing to get back to work. I didn't miss the glare she sent me after I smirked her way while climbing up the stairs. "Daddy!" My little principessa Valentina and my prince Elia ran up to me hugging my legs tightly. "What is it?" I asked kneeling down to their level. "Where are you going, daddy?" Principessa asked her innocent blue eyes tearing. She looked just like her mom, the only difference was that her hair color was darker just like mine.

Elia looked like me, but he too inherited the blue eyes from his mom. "I'm going to work, principessa." I answered. "Can we come with you?" Elia asked this time. That's definitely a no, but both looked at me expecting me to say yes. "You can't." I said softly. I knew what was going to happen next. Valentina started sobbing loudly and Elia followed after her.

How do you explain to 3 year olds why they can't come with? "Now why are you crying, my loves?" Arabella came from nowhere kneeling down beside me and looking at our kids. "Daddy doesn't want to take us to his work." Valentina sobbed. "Daddy can't take you to his work because it's boring. He doesn't want you to get bored with him while you can have fun with mommy." Arabella tried to convince them. Both stopped crying and looked at her with wide eyes. "Work is boring?" Elia said making me chuckle. "It is." I answered nodding. Again Arabella knew how to save the moment.

"Who wants to make cake with me?" Arabella asked. Both of them jumped at her making me chuckle loudly. I kissed them three goodbye before finally leaving to work. "Wait!" Arabella said making me turn around and face her. "I love you." She said hugging me and pecking my lips. "I love you too, il mio amore!" I whispered hugging her tightly. That has been pretty much our life. Some things happened in between but everything is perfect now. That's my little beautiful family and I'm very thankful that I got them, even after all the bad things I've done and still am doing.

Nothing can change my past and the way I am, but at least this life I've been living brought someone very beautiful into my dark life. I got to meet my beautiful wife and with her learn what love is. She was the one who got me out from the darkness of my past. She is the light in my life and I'll be forever grateful for that and for my two precious children. Who would have thought that Alessandro Lazzaro would fall in love and create a beautiful family of his own. At least old me would have never imagined that.

"I love you so much, my beautiful mafia boss!" "I love you too, my beautiful wife!"

The End.

***

I can't believe that this book ended. It was a beautiful journey and I love Arabella and Alessandro so much. I knew from the beginning that this book will have a happy ending and now you have it!
Thank you for all the amazing comments and votes you have been giving me!

Now I'll focus on my other book "Midnight memories". I would be grateful if you check it out and show it some love.

Love you♥️