Chapter Sixteen - Giving up everything

Third POV:

Both broken from a young age and both suffering from then on. Arabella always dreamed of making a family with one she loves. Having two kids and living happily ever after. She always said to herself that she doesn't want to have a life like her moms. But it seems like faith doesn't want her to fulfill her dream.

Alessandro on the other hand, never imagined to fall in love. His biggest dream is to avenge his mothers death, but everything changed when Arabella marched into his life. She changed him just in this short time. She made him feel again. That's why he won't let her go. He knows something is behind her rejection for him. Something must have happened to change her mind and he will stop at nothing to find it out.

Since that day, Alessandro hasn't gotten out of his office. He drank and drank every night to forget her. He even slept with other women just to forget her but it didn't work. He wants her. He wants Arabella and no one else. And it's time to do something about it.

"Dante!" Alessandro shouted from behind closed doors. The door flung open and Dante stood there terrified of what his boss would want from him. Alessandro changed these past days. He became crueler and was always angry, so his men feared him a lot more that before.

"Y-yes boss?" Dante looked down not wanting to meet his boss' angry gaze. "Go get me everything you find about Arabella's father and make it quick." Alessandro told him and the man nodded before going out and closing the door behind him. Arabella changed a lot since her dad came to visit. Alessandro thought to himself.

Suddenly the phone rang snapping him out of his thoughts. "Yes!" He snapped at the phone. "A-Alessandro?" A familiar voice spoke. It was Arabella's mother. "Yeah, it's me." Alessandro answered. He was concerned. Did something happen to Arabella? "I don't know what to do... Arabella... she..." The woman tried to talk between sobs. This made Alessandro more concerned. "What happened to Arabella?" He questioned the woman who was still sobbing on the phone. "Her father is forcing her to marry some man." She cried.

Alessandro's blood was boiling. How could the old man think he can marry his Arabella off to someone else. That's why she ended everything between them. Her father forced her to do so but why did she agree? "He has something against me which will put me in prison and he's blackmailing her with it. My little girl wants to save me from prison by sacrificing her happiness... please do something about it... tell her that I'm okay with going to prison if it means that she'll stay happy, she won't listen to me, but maybe she'll listen to you."

Alessandro didn't know what to do. As if Arabella will listen to him. She's even more stubborn than he is.
"I'll find a way to get you both out of this, but you'll have to tell what exactly he has against you and I will end that bastard." Alessandro assured the still crying woman on the phone.

***

Leaving her crying mother behind, Arabella is sitting in the backseat of her father's car on the way to meet her future husband and his family. She's crying silently while leaning against the window and looking out remembering all the good days she spent with Alessandro. No matter how much it hurts to be away from him she has to do this for her mothers sake. Her mother sacrificed so much for her and her siblings and it's time to do the same, she thought to herself.

Her father was sitting next to her while the driver was driving the car. She couldn't believe that a father can do something like this his daughter. "It's for the best, Arabella. Everyone will benefit from this marriage." Arabella slightly jumped from his deep cold voice. "You're the only one who is going to benefit from this marriage. Not me nor my mom." She responded not willing to look his way. "You're the dumbest girl I've ever seen! Clement is a fucking billionaire, you'll live like a queen with him." The old man yelled at his daughter clearly annoyed from how she's talking. Arabella chose to ignore his statement and continued to look out of the window. No matter what she'll say he won't listen.

She's just hoping that her soon to be husband is a good man and not like her father even though she wishes it was Alessandro who she's going to marry. At that moment she prayed to god to let Alessandro forget and move on. She knows that he's heartbroken right now she can feel it. It was never meant to end this way between them but what can she do about it? Nothing. She can't do anything about it.

***

"Arabella!" A voice woke her up from her little nap in the car. "We arrived." Her father stated. Arabella got out of the car and checked her surroundings. She was standing in front of a beautiful big mansion. It was similar to Alessandro's. Alessandro. How much she missed him already. Realisation hit her. She was going to meet her future husband. She was going to stay until her wedding. She won't be able to see her family and Alessandro again. She knew the moment she will enter this mansion that she'll have to give up everything. Her freedom, her family and her love for Alessandro. Everything will change.

"Move it, little girl!" Her cruel fathers voice snapped out of her emotional thoughts. When she didn't move he grabbed by the arm and led her through the big gates. His grip was harsh on her arm, it'll leave bruises for sure. "Remember if you dare and try anything, your mother is going straight to prison. Is that understood?" He asked with venom in his voice. "Y-yes." She managed to say. His grip was painful and she couldn't hold a few tears which slipped down her soft cheeks. "Good girl!" He finally let go of her arm and walked ahead to the guards who were standing in front of the mansion door.

"I love you, Alessandro!" Arabella whispered to herself while putting her hand on the left side of her chest.

***

End of chapter 16.

It's been so long since I've updated but I was really busy in school and I'm sorry for the short chapter😅 And in this chapter I wanted to try and write in third PoV.

Please vote, comment and share😘

Love you💘