Chapter Fourteen - He's back!

-----------------------🗝🗝🗝🗝----------------------

Arabella's POV:

I woke on the sound of knocking on my door. Shit. Mom will kill me if she sees us like this."One second, mom!" I yelled at the door. "Alessandro!" I whisper yelled. He didn't budge. "Alessandro!" This time I slapped his face lightly.

"What the hell?!" He said clearly annoyed. Suddenly the door flung open.
My mom stood there her mouth wide open. Not to mention Alessandro was shirtless.
"I assure you, ma'am that nothing happened between us we were just sleeping." Alessandro assured her. She just nodded.

"Arabella, there's someone who wants to see you downstairs." She told me while keeping her gaze down. She was clearly nervous about something.

"Who?" Alessandro asked. Why is he asking? I am the one who's supposed to ask this. "Mom?" I pushed. "It's better if you see yourself, baby." With that she left the room and closed the door behind her.

"You stay here and I will go downstairs." I demanded Alessandro. It's none if his business, so he should stay away. "Of course not, tesoro! I want to know who that person is." He said in thick italian accent. "Alessandro , please just stay here." I pleaded him. "Fine." He sighed and let me go.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous while walking down the stairs. My mom acted strange when she was in my room. I wonder who that person is and I hope that Alessandro will stay in my room.

"My baby girl!" I heard a familiar voice echoing in the room. I immediately snapped my head up and was met with icy blue eyes.
It was him. My so called father.

"I missed you so much, Arabella!" He stated coming closer to where I was standing. What does he want now? It wasn't like he was the best father. I felt myself being pulled into a hug. But I pulled away.

"What do you want?" I questioned him while staring into his eyes which were surrounded with wrinkles. Seems like he aged a lot since the last time I've seen him. It was like 10 years ago or more.

"Can't I see my children?" He said in a questioning tone. I didn't realize that my younger sister and brother were standing in the same room with us. "Why now?" I don't were the confidence came from. I always used to be the shy and calm girl. Seems like Alessandro had an affect on my behavior. A good one.

"Arabella, let's sit down talk, baby." My mother spoke this time and I nodded in response. I'm hundred percent sure he wants something. Why would he come now after ten years just to see us? Something is missing here.

We sat down on the couch in the living room. And waited for him to speak, which he did. "I would be very thankful if you let me speak with my daughter alone, Elizabeth." He told my mom and she nodded and went out of the living room with my siblings following behind her.

"I don't have all day, so please say what you have to say fast." I spat unpatiently. "Arabella, look It's rather a favor I want from you." I knew it! Of course he wants something, as if he's coming to see us just because he missed us. "What is it!" I asked him loosing my patience. "I need you to get married to Clement Maxwell." He said nonchalantly as if it was the most normal thing ever.

"Are you fucking serious?!" I stood up from the couch I was sitting on and shouted at him. "Watch you're language, young lady! I'm still you're father no matter what." "What is going on here?" A voice cut our argument off. Alessandro.

What is he doing here? I told him to stay in my room, but no he never listens to anybody other than himself. "And who are you?" My father questioned him looking him up and down. "I'm Alessandro Lazzaro, Arabella's..." "Friend! He's my friend!" I cut Alessandro off and he shot me a glare and a confused look. I don't need my father knowing that I'm getting married soon. I don't know why, but I just don't want him to know.

"You're not marrying anybody but me, Arabella! Tell him the truth." He suddenly said and I glared at him. Like what the hell! "Who is this, Arabella?" My father asked and I turned to face him. "I'm her fiance!" Alessandro stated proudly. First he tells me to tell him the truth and now he's the one who's telling him. My father looked at me in a is-this-true-look. I nodded. "Arabella, we need to talk alone!" He said angrily ignoring Alessandro's presence. "Alessandro, please leave us alone." I pleaded him. He nodded and got out of the room but not before shooting daggers at my father with his eyes.

We sat back at our places and I motioned for him to continue what he wanted to tell me. "You have to marry Clement. I don't care if you have a fiance, you'll leave him and marry Clement. It's for the best." This man is something else. After ten years of not seeing me, he suddenly comes back to my life like nothing happened and demands me to marry a man I know nothing about! What kind of father does that?

An asshole of a father does that! My innerself answered.

"You can't tell me what to do! I don't even know the man, how do you expect me to marry him? Besides I'm already taken." I stated. He looked angrier now, but I don't care. "You have no other choice, Arabella. That is if you don't want your mother to spend the rest of her life behind bars." Behind bars? Mom? "What do you mean?" I asked him confused about what he said earlier. "I have something against your mom and if you don't do what I say, I will give what I have to the police and she'll end up in jail. So, think about it. Do you want your mother in jail?" He questioned while smirking at me knowing that I wouldn't let something like that happen to my mom.

"You wouldn't." was all I managed to say. I couldn't believe that my own father was blackmailing me to marry a man I don't even know. "Is that so?" He stood up and marched to door. "You have time until tomorrow to tell me your decision. And don't you dare tell anyone about this. I won't hesitate to put Elizabeth in jail." With that he left. I just sat in my place confused from all the things he said to me. Would he really do that?

The most important question is: What does he have against mom that could get her to prison. What am I going to do? I can't tell, Alessandro he will kill him for sure. I can never be happy, it's like the whole universe is against me.

I'm sorry, Alessandro.

___________________________________________

End of chapter 14.

Please, vote, comment and share!

Love you❤️