Chapter Twenty Seven - Second chances

Arabella's POV:

"Alessandro?" A voice doomed in the house coming from the entrance. This voice sounded oddly familiar. "Alessandro, I'm back!" The voice came closer to where I was sat in the living room. "Who's there?" I finally found the courage to ask. A young man probably in the same age as Alessandro came to my view. "You're still here, sweet cheeks!" His mouth widened in a big grin. "Um, sorry but who are you?" He seemed familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. "Giovanni. Alessandro's best buddy." He said as he was making himself comfortable on the couch and turning the tv on.

Now I know where I have seen him. "Where is that dick head?" I slightly cringed on the word he described my husband with. "He's been out since 3 hours." I replied. "Business?" He asked. "Maybe." He nodded to that, and continued changing the channels. "So you're still held captive by him?" He questioned after a few minutes. "I'm his wife now." He snapped his head towards me, and his eyes widened before he spoke "What?! I thought he wasn't serious when he said that he's going to marry you!" He held his hand in front of his mouth. "Do you know want some coffee?" He shook his head, and I nodded standing up, and going to my room.

Closing the door behind me I tried to call Alessandro again. "What do you want, Arabella?" He spat through the phone making me jump a bit. "I-I just wanted to let you know that your friend is here." I answered. He sighed before speaking again "I'm coming." He ended the call.

My lids felt heavy, so I decided to take a quick nap.

***

After some time

Alessandro's POV:

"What brought you back, Gio?" I asked him before gulping the rest of my whiskey down my throat. "The business in Italy is done, so why stay there?" He answered. "Now tell me why the fuck did you marry her? I fucking thought you where joking!" That dumb head doesn't even know when I'm serious and when not. "I love her." I simply shrugged. He began to laugh hysterically.

"The Alessandro Lazzaro loves someone? Are you serious?! I mean yeah she's beautiful, but how the fuck did you open your heart?" He bubbled. "I just did, Gio!" He stared at me for a while before speaking again "Sienna will be devastated when she hears about this." Sienna came back with him? "She came back with you?" I asked him. "Of course, she was counting the days till she comes back. You know why." Unfortunately I know. "I don't want to see her I'm a married man now." I declared proudly. "I see." He snickered.

"My father called me." I said after a minute of silence. He gasped loudly and his eyes grew wide. "He said he wants to meet up with me and explain everything about my mother's death." "And what did you say?" He questioned. "I will kill him when I see him." I stood up from my place and made my way upstairs to my wife. When I opened the door I found her sleeping peacefully on our king size bed.

She looked like an angel. My angel.

I slowly lifted up the blanket not to wake her up and lied next to her. She seemed to notice presence, so she snuggled to my chest letting me take in the rosy smell of her beautiful soft hair.

***

Arabella's POV:

I felt his warmth the moment I felt the other side of the bed dipping. I pretended to be asleep while snuggling into his warm embrace. That's what I've been craving all day. Me and Alessandro fight a lot during the day, but when the night comes and we lie in bed embracing each other, every issue we had in the day vanishes. It's like we forget everything that happened during the day the only thing we want is to hold each other.

I never want this peaceful moment to end. After a while of complete blissful silence, I felt something wet and warm dripping down my jaw. It was a tear for sure, but not mine. I liftet up my head to be met by Alessandro's tear stained face. He was crying. "What's wrong?" I whispered. When he realized that I'm awake he quickly wiped the tears away. "Nothing." He answered and tried turning around, but I tightened my hold on him. "So, we're back to not telling each other anything?" I liftet my hand and wiped the remaining of his tears with my thumb. "Tell me, please." I whispered brushing the tip of my nose against his.

"I'm scared, Arabella. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm not the strong Alessandro I used to be. I thought I will handle this situation better. I never thought that the day will come and my father will call me. I was waiting for this moment my entire life. And now he wants to meet up. This is the perfect opportunity for my revenge, but I have this feeling in my heart that tells me to be happy that I'm seeing a part of my family after so long. This is what scares me. I'm scared of becoming weak when I see him. Scared of, instead of killing him, embracing him crying on his shoulder." He said as tears were streaming freely down his flawless face. I got tears in my eyes too. I know how it feels to grow up without a father, and he grew up without both of his parents.

"The only thing you gotta do is to listen to what he has to say first. And after that you decide if you want to forgive him or not, but please don't kill him, Alessandro. No matter what he's your father and at least he saved you that day and didn't let you die." I tried to reason with him. "Everyone has his side of the story and everyone deserves a chance to tell theirs, don't do something you'll regret, my love." I pecked his lips softly and rested my head on his chest. His heart was beating rapidly.

"You're right." He finally said and a smile spread across my face. I kissed his cheek and neck softly and whispered a faint 'thank you'.
"I don't know what I would do without you, mi amore." He said giving a kiss on my forehead.

***

End of chapter 27

Do you think that Alessandro's father deserves a chance?

Please vote♥️

Love you❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️