Chapter Twenty Six - Cruel past

Arabella's POV:

I saw the pain in his eyes as he asked me what I want to know about him.
I realized how hard it is to him to open up to someone. But I needed answers. I can't spend my life with someone I don't know anything about.

He knows everything about me, so I should know everything about him too. That's what marriage is all about. To share everything with each other, good or bad.

"Tell me about your mother." I finally decided to answer his question. I saw him inhale and closing his eyes. He was in pain. The mention of his mother tear him apart. It broke my heart, but I needed to know.

"As you know my mother was killed when I was 10 years old." I took hold of his hand and drew circles on the back of his hand intending to calm him down. "My father had a lot of enemies, because he was the mafia boss and still is. This affected my mom the most. She always tried to keep me away from my fathers business, but to no avail. It was me who was supposed to die that day. The russians wanted me dead, so my father wouldn't have a heir. They tried to kidnap me but my mom stood in their way. It was like a jackpot to them. They kidnapped us both. What they didn't know is that my dickhead of a father didn't care about my mom and that he wanted her dead a long time ago! Before I was even born!!" He shouted the last part.

I felt his heart beating rapidly and unshed tears began to well up in his beautiful chocolaty eyes. I've never seen him like this before. I tried to soothe him by cupping his face in my palms and kissing both of his cheeks. "He send people to save me and let her die! They killed her in front of my eyes while fathers men dragged me outside of the basement. And I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't save her but he could." He rested his forehead on mine before continuing.

"All this because he loves your mom!" I snapped my eyes open and guilt washed over me. I know it's not my moms fault, but still she was one of the reasons. "I'm so sorry!" I choked out trying not to break down. He went through a lot. No one can take this pain away from him. "I killed them in the most painful way ever! But there's still one person I need to kill." This made me gasp. I don't want to imagine how much they suffered before their death. They deserve it though but still.

"Who?" He looked deep into my eyes. I could feel his pain, feel the hatred he has for those people. "My so-called father!" An evil smirk made its way to his lips. I gasped and pulled away. At this moment he wasn't like the Alessandro I knew. He was like the mafia boss I first met.

"Y-you can't do that!" I stuttered trying to control my tears. "Why?" Is he serious?! "He's your father, you can't kill him!!" I stood up from the seat as I was shouting.
"He's my father only by blood! He needs to pay for what he did!" He yelled back.

"After my mother's death he left me alone!! He didn't care for me one bit! I was thrown at my grandmom's house for her to care for me! He killed my mom and was never there for me! Hell, he just needed a fucking heir for his empire that's why he saved me!" Now the tears that were unshed, flooded down his cheeks to his chin. He looked vulnerable but dangerous at the same time.

"You have to listen to his part of the story first. I don't want you to regret anything." I told him truthfully. But all he did was storming out of the house.

I sighed running my hand through my hair. He has to listen to his side of the story first! Maybe he had a reason for doing what he did. Alessandro is blinded by revenge that he doesn't care about anything. He's so stubborn, but I can understand where he's coming from.

***

Alessandro's POV:

Anger. Anger was all I felt at this moment. How dare she defend him even after I told her what he did.  She was the one who insisted that I tell her about my past, and now she's fucking defending his old ass!

My phone rang snapping outta my thoughts. "Sí?" I spat angrily. There was silence for a moment. "Who's there?" I asked irritated. "Alessandro?" My eyes widened at this familiar voice. It was him.  "How are you doing, my boy? I heard you've gotten married." "What the fuck do you want, you old bastard?!" "That's how you answer your father after this long time?" His voice was making me fuming with anger.

"I will kill you!" I shouted running my hand through my hair in frustration and anger. "What did I ever do to you, figlio?" He asked as if everything is normal. "Are fucking kidding me?! You know exactly what you did, old man!!" I will make this asshole suffer. "Everything I did was for you, my son!" He tried to explain but I cut him off "Shut the fuck up!" I yelled so loud that probably everyone in the warehouse heard me. "Let us meet and I'll explain to you everything." He said calmly. How can he be so fucking calm?!

"Death will await you when we meet!" I said in a more calm but evil manner this time. "So be it." He simply shrugged. "Oh and you know what? I met your long lost lover, in fact she's my wife's mom." All I heard was silence again. This shut him up. "Elizabeth?" He whispered. "See you soon, figlio." He said before cutting the call.

***

End of chapter 26.

Don't forget to vote, please!

Love you♥️