Talbot

Mission by mission, the team got closer together and this mission wasn't any different. Coulson had directed a team to follow Talbot to insure his safety. Every member of the ground team had eyes on Talbot and Creel. May was the first to encounter Creel as he went to attack Talbot. May got the General out of the vicinity of Creel. Within moments a team of Military personnel were surrounding the area. Spyen was in place with an ICER rifle in her grasp and it was trained on Creel. May was in combat with the man and when Spyen finally got a clear shot, she pulled the trigger and shot Creel in the chest, twice.

Creel grunted as the ICERS bullets disabled him. As soon as Creel was down, May retreated. Spyen pulled the gun into her hands and quickly followed the agent to get clear of the scene. As Spyen retreated she glanced at General Talbot and saw Hunter and Hartley posing as US Air Force to protect the General. Spyen met up with Skye before the two headed back to the Playground with General Talbot in tow to the Bus interrogation room.

Spyen disarmed herself as she entered the Bus as May escorted Talbot, who had a bag over his head, to the interrogation room on the plane. Spyen pulled the magazine from the ICER and saw that two rounds were missing. She reassembled the weapon and set it on the table in the lab before she joined the others in the center control room. Coulson had already started his  conversation with the General.

Spyen walked over and stood next to her sister and watched the interrogation. Spyen had had a history with the General and she wasn't fond of him. His views differed from hers. General Talbot's voice was starch and rough, it reminded Spyen of her first trainer at the SHIELD academy.

"I gotta say. I respect you. You managed to evade us for an entire winter." Spyen was surprised by the General's words.

"And I respect you for making it so damn hard. I'm exhausted."

Talbot let out a small chuckle, "I'll bet."

"But I want to make your job easier. Chasing us is a waste of resources, General. We're the good guys, and we can help you catch the bad guys."

Talbot didn't see eye to eye with Coulson, "Kidnapping me and tying me up in your honeycomb kill room is not helping your case. Do you think I'm an idiot?"

Coulson shook his head, "Oh, no. You're the real deal. But you're surrounded by people who constantly underestimate the threat they're up against."

Coulson was starting to get hostile, "Me and my people swore an oath we don't intend to break. To protect the innocent, to watch out for people, people like your son."

Just as they had expected, General Talbot gripped the armrests of the metal chair he was on, "How dare you bring my family into this."

"We save lives, including yours, whether you like it or not."

Billy turned around with a smile on his face, "That was smooth. Riled him up, got him to grab the armrests, and now active fingerprint analysis, eighty-nine percent."

Spyen let out a breath and pulled her arms up across her chest. She saw a minute movement to her right and gently glanced over. She saw Fitz poke his head around the corner, but he didn't seem to notice Spyen. The young agent kept her eyes on the scientist and saw that he was talking. To whom, Spyen didn't know, but after a moment of observation, Fitz adjusted his sight and locked eyes with Spyen. Spyen gave a small smile and a head nod before she turned her attention back to the interrogation.

"Coulson, I don't think we see eye to eye on this. My team was up to the task when they took that freak into custody, before you took me. They have him on lockdown."

"That's the problem."

Talbot wasn't understanding; "How is that a problem?"

"You've said in your numerous public appearances that you have a facility where you're storing the technology and prisoners captured in the SHIELD raids, yes?"

"Yeah, I'm flattered you keep up with my press. What's your point?"

Coulson kept up his information without a breath, "Creel's after a deadly weapon stored in that facility. Here's some more press."

Coulson pulled out a tablet to show Talbot, "He targeted your family to force you to give up the location of that facility, but now he doesn't have to. Your people just took a man they have no idea how to contain to the one place he wants to be. Now I need your help to stop him."

There was a moment of tense silence as Talbot considered the offer, "I'll make you a deal. You let me out of here, and I promise not to kill you. But there is no way on God's green earth I am ever going to help you."

Coulson let out a sigh, "Well," The Director pulled an ICER from his belt and pointed it at the General, "You might." The sound of the ICER was audible both through the screen and the door. Spyen expected her body to flinch, but she was past the reaction. Spyen let out a breath as the interrogation came to a halt. They already knew what their plan of action was and once General Talbot was off of the plane, Spyen felt like she could breath again.

Once they touched down in the Playground, the team got into action and recruited Hartley, Idaho, Hunter and Trip into the mission to obtain the 084 that Creel wants. Spyen stood next to Skye and watched as she tapped at the laptop. It was almost soothing to watch Skye type out a hack into the computer. Spyen was already prepped for the mission and the others were setting up as Billy ended the call with General Talbot.

"Okay, we traced the number to a spot near the Pentagon. We are ready to go."

Spyen knew the entirety of her role in the plan, but the other agents were skeptical.

Hunter was the first to speak up, "We have a small logic question. Why? Why are we going in?

Hartley had to add to Hunter's words, "Look we trust Coulson's judgment."

"We do?"

Hartley rolled her eyes at Hunter's question, "But Talbot's not a bad guy. And last I checked the US government is one of the lesser evils. So they've got a weapon in a locked box. Now they've got this absorbing man in a locked box too. That's not so bad."

Mack came up from behind the group, "She's got a point. Seems like the safer place to keep him as any."

Spyen shook her head, "They have no idea what they're dealing with."

Hartley had to get all of the information, "Yeah, but is that danger worse than sending every field operative you have available into a secure military compound?"

"Yeah, guarded by the same people that's been hunting us." Mack.

"Belly of the beast man." Idaho cocked his gun.

Hunter shook his head; "We're already on our heels. We can't even get this thing out of the hanger." Hunter pointed to the Bus as Coulson walked into the area.

"Exactly. This is a make or break moment."

"For an object we have zero data on?" Spyen shook her head at Hunter.

"That's not the only thing we're after." Spyen glanced at Skye and May as they knew of the entirety of the mission at hand.

Hartley let out a breath, "Now it's all or nothing, huh?"

Coulson let out a small shrug.

"Well, all right, then."

At Hartley's words the team dispersed. Spyen made sure her ICER was in her belt before her and Skye walked up to May as Spyen spoke.

"You taking point?" The agent knew she was far too young to take point on any mission.

May gently shook her head, "Coulson will be on COMs. Hey, let's stick together on this one."

"You got it." Spyen and Skye answered at the same time. The sisters shared a glanced before Spyen tore away from Skye. She was ready.