Power Training

"Spyen? Spyen."

Spyen felt a push on her shoulder and her body jerked. She slowly opened her eyes and let out a small groan as she pushed herself away from the light coming through the windows. She shifted so that she was on her back before she fully opened her eyes to see Jiaying sitting on the edge of her bed. Spyen quickly woke at that and she pushed herself into a sitting position.

"Hey. Uh..." Spyen pushed her hair out of her face, "What time is it?"

Jiaying had a smile on her face, "Nearly noon."

Spyen furrowed her brows, "I slept that long?"

Jiaying shook her head, "It's understandable. How do you feel?"

"Uh, I'm good. Better that yesterday." Spyen still had sleep in her voice.

"That's good. That means your healing."

There was silence for a moment as Spyen tilted her head slightly as a voice came to her.

"Spyen," Jiaying's voice broke the agent's concentration, "Would you like to practice learning how to control your powers?"

Spyen looked up at her mother, "Yeah. I would love to."

Jiaying let out a smile, "Excellent. There is a training room right around the corner. Although, I would suggest that you wear something other than yesterdays clothes."

Spyen glanced at her attire and nodded her head, "Yeah, probably a good idea."

Jiaying stood from the bed, "Take a minute to wake up and I will meet you there."

Spyen let out a nod, "Yeah. Okay."

The mother glided from the room and closed the door. Spyen let out a breath and put a slouch in her spine as she tried to wake her body up. She let out a yawn before pushing herself from the bed and pulling the duffle bag off of the ground where it fell. She pulled out a set of clothing; Black pants and a cobalt blue shirt. She replaced her clothing and pulled her hair up into a long ponytail down her back.

She slipped on her black shoes and gave one moment to calm her racing hear. She was nervous and she wasn't sure why. Spyen pulled her door open and the slightly familiar hallway was in her view. She followed her mother's directions and pushed open the building door. Spyen was out in the middle of the buildings with paper lanterns above her head. She had to shield her eyes away from the glowing sun as she made her way to an adjacent building. She pushed the doors open and she stepped into a similar room to her own, only this one held standard gym equipment.

Jiaying turned when she heard the doors open, "Come in."

Spyen closed the door behind her, "So, how is this going to work? I've never trained with powers before."

Jiaying had a smile on her face, "It is different, but also similar to any other training. You learn then you practice. So, your gift. I hear it is very powerful."

"Uh, yeah. I guess it can be." Spyen was still nervous.

Jiaying caught onto her nervousness, "It can be nerve wracking the first, but you will learn to love your gift."

Spyen let out a solid breath, "Okay. So, where do we start?"

***

Spyen let the weight drop onto the ground with a sharp thud. She let out her breath that she hadn't known she was holding and Jiaying had a smile on her face.