Convince

Where's my wife?!

Spyen's concentration broke when she heard the sudden shout of Cal's voice. She dropped her shield and hurried out of the training room to see Cal and Skye standing in the middle of the path. Cal had anger dripping from him as Skye was cautious. Jiaying came out of the building across from Spyen and the mother and daughter came onto the path as Cal spoke.
"Didn't expect to see me back here so soon, did you, my love? Not after such a well-planned banishing!"

Spyen took slow steps towards her birth family as Skye spoke up, "Where's Lincoln?"

Cal didn't seem to care about anything but shouting at his wife, "You took me from my home."

Gordon tried to split up the fight, "All right, that's enough."

Jiaying ignored Gordon, "Cal, this isn't your home." The Mother was very mellow.

Where the hell is Lincoln? Damn it, he's still out there.

"I know that now."

"Hey!" Skye broke up the parents, "Lincoln is still out there!"

Spyen pulled in a breath as she was having a difficult time trying to keep up with the emotions and thoughts flying at her. She glanced down at her wrist and saw the Inhibitor was gone. When she looked back up, Gordon vanished from beside her.

"What happened?" Jiaying was speaking to Skye.

"There was an attack." Spyen could tell that Skye was still apprehensive.

"Can we please get back to what matters here?" Cal looked to Jiaying, "You tried to take me away from our daughters!" The chatter around the family started as Spyen could feel her eyes warm, "It's unacceptable!"

Jiaying's calm nature turned around as her voice went low, "Go calm down, Cal. You and I can discuss this later."

Spyen felt the blackened anger radiate off of Cal and it made her physically sick, "There are worse options."

Spyen swallowed as her and Skye shared a glance. Cal had plenty to say, but he calmly followed the man that escorted the father away from his family. The moment that Cal was away from the situation, Spyen's eyes faded to blue.

Jiaying let out a sigh and turned to Skye, "Are you okay?"

Skye let out a weak nod, "I'm fine. But Coulson was there."

Before Skye could elaborate, Spyen was startled by a burst of air. She turned to see Gordon appearing beside her with a large, bloody gash across his forehead.

He let out a breath, "It was HYDRA."

Spyen's eyes went wide and her body started to rise in temperature. Gordon let out a few pants, "I tried to stop them. I barley got away. They took Lincoln."

Spyen and Skye each let out a breath but Spyen could feel an emotion coming from Skye that she hadn't ever felt before.

***

Spyen leaned against the wall adjacent to the door as she listened to the conversation between Skye and Jiaying.

"How do we get Lincoln back?" Skye was worried.

"We don't." Spyen narrowed her eyes. Jiaying didn't have remorse. "It's too much of a risk."

"You don—You don't understand. They will torture him. They will kill him." Skye was trying to get their mother to see the damage.