Wyoming

The moment the Quinjet touched down in Wyoming, Spyen felt a sense of nostalgia. When Rogers was stationed here, Spyen would often keep him company whenever he asked for it. The two had bonded during his time at the cabin. Spyen pushed open the cabin door and let out a smile. It was exactly how her and Steve had left it.

"What is this place?" Skye set her bag down on the ground.

Coulson looked around the cabin, "It's one of Fury's old retreats. Haven't been here in years."

Spyen dropped her bag on the ground and a small film of dust jumped into the air.

"Fury's not the kind of guy who has a cabin just to relax. What is this place?" Skye gave a bit more context to her question.

As Spyen looked around the cabin, she started to really miss the camaraderie she had with the Avengers.

"It's a safe house for people with powers. Rogers even spent a few weeks here after he defrosted."

Skye looked up at Coulson, "Okay, but who's it supposed to keep safe, the people with powers or everyone else?"

Spyen looked over at Skye, "Both."

Coulson let out a breath and looked over at Skye, "Skye, I'm afraid I have to pull you and Spyen from active duty."

Skye let out a nod, "I get it. I do. I just didn't think you'd lock us up like a werewolf during full moon."

Coulson shook his head, "You guys are not alone here."

Skye was more frustrated than Spyen, "Feels pretty isolated to me." Skye looked to Spyen, "Why aren't you freaking out?"

Spyen leaned against the wall, "I knew."

Coulson kept up the conversation, "There's a direct video link to the base, and May will keep dropping by every couple of days."

"What am I supposed to do? Go fishing?"

"Well if you do go outside, be careful. There's a laser fence around the perimeter."

Skye pulled in a breath but let out a nod.

Coulson walked up to Skye, "Look, this is a safe place. You two can relax here. You both can use this time to get a handle on your abilities."

Skye let out a scoff, "Yeah, 'cause that's worked great so far."

"Well, maybe it's time we give you a hand with that." Coulson pushed away from Skye and pulled a small case into his hands, "Simmons has been working around the clock on these. She assures me they'll cut your recovery time in half." Coulson opened the case and Skye came up to the sleeves.

"How do they work?" She picked up at sleeve.

"The internal wiring emits a surge of electricity to inhibit your powers."

Skye looked up with slightly wide eyes, "So these take my powers away?"

Coulson tried to keep it positive. "More like decrease their magnitude to keep you from hurting yourself. Like, I said we want you to heal. Spyen has an Inhibitor as well. Same kind of tech only tapered to her abilities."

Skye looked over at Spyen and she held up her wrist, "Neural Inhibitor. Fitz made it."

Skye looked down at the sleeve in her hand, "Are their side effects?"

Coulson let out a nod, "A few. Simmons can go over them with you later."

Skye was quiet for a moment, "Are these gloves really my best option?" She was disappointed.