Afterlife

Spyen shot her eyes open to an amount of startling red. It took the agent a moment to pull out of her disorientation before she looked around the room. She tried to push herself up onto her arms, but she wasn't able to move. There were acupuncture needles littering her body with a small red electrical charge coursing through each one. Spyen's breath hitched and she heard a movement from her side. She turned her head and saw Gordon stand from his chair, "Everything's going to be okay. You're safe now."

Spyen let out a somewhat calming breath, "Where am I? Where's Skye?"

"This is the place I told you about. Skye called for me. Do you remember?"

Spyen looked into Gordon's eyeless face, "I remember. Where is Skye?" Spyen tried so hard to reach her sister via her mind.

Gordon let out a smile, "She is fine. She woke up yesterday."

Spyen furrowed her breath, "How long have we been here?"
"Three days."

Spyen pulled in a breath, "I need—we need go to." Spyen, again tried to sit up, but she wasn't able to and that frustrated her, "Why can't I move? What are you doing to me?"

Spyen had completely missed another person walking into the room, "We're healing you."

Spyen lifted her head slightly to see a guy, not much older than Skye, walk casually into the room.

Gordon looked down at Spyen, "I have to go now. You're in very good hands. He's smarter than he looks."

The guy looked back at Gordon, "How do you know that?"

Gordon shared a smile with the guy before he left the room.

Spyen looked down at the acupuncture in her body. She set her head back down on the pillow and tried to find a name for the guy, but Spyen felt a resistance.

"Who are you?"

The guy looked up from the tablet slightly confused, "Sorry, I though—I'm Lincoln, your transitioner. Well, both yours and your sisters." Spyen furrowed her brows in confusion and Lincoln shifted his stance, "Right, I keep forgetting that both of you are new to this. Everyone who goes through Terrigenesis has a transitioner to help them."

Spyen suddenly felt a small amount of pressure from the needles and tried to adjust her body, "Pleas, just get to the point."

"Right, yeah, let me start from the top." Lincoln pulled a chair next to the table that Spyen was on, "Imagine a thousand years of evolution taking place instantaneously. That's what happened to you and your sister after the mist. These treatments are helping your body adjust properly to the change, transitioning you quickly and painlessly, I hope." Lincoln looked into Spyen's red eyes and he noticed that they hadn't changed since he had put the acupuncture on her body. "We usually like to start the process right after the mist, but—"

"How long?" Spyen interrupted him as the pressure continued, "How long? When can I go?"

"Your sister said the same thing. You want to help your friends too?"

Spyen swallowed, "I know they're in danger."

Lincoln shook his head, "You're the one's who are in danger. Remember Spyen, you're being hunted."

Spyen shook her head, "No. No, it's not like that. It's—" A wave of electricity caused Spyen to arch her back in pain. She pulled in a gasp and Lincoln quickly reacted.

"Are you in pain?"

Spyen fisted her hands, "Kind of." She let out her breath and that only made the pain intensify, "Okay, yeah."