Clear Your Mind

It was shockingly easy to gather Talbot's room number from the front desk of La Ona hotel. The pair of them quickly made their way up to the room and May used her bracelet to unlock the door. The light on the card scanner shined green and May slowly pushed the door open and tried to grasp a glimpse of who was running the other side of this mission. May cracked the hotel door just enough for the two of them to see a woman riffling through a set of black files on the table. Spyen couldn't see what markers the files had, but when the woman shut the folders, Spyen could see that they were clearly marked with HYDRA.

Without voicing her plan of attack, May pushed the door open and rushed into the room and started a fight with the woman. Before Spyen could aid May in the situation, she felt an arm go around her neck.

"What have you done with Talbot?" May had the woman in an arm lock.

Spyen struggled in Talbot's grasp, "I'm right here."

May whipped her head around and saw that Spyen was in a chokehold. Spyen pulled in a breath before she tipped her head back forcefully and hit Talbot in the chin. Talbot let go of her and May was ready to punch the man, but both agents noticed how his face pixelated.

May pressed her hand to Talbot's forehead and kicked him in the chest, a thin mask coming of in her hands. Both May and Spyen stared in awe at the technology and while they were distracted the woman came up behind May and tazed her in the back. In the process of May's disarming, the man behind Spyen swiped at her feet and she fell to the floor. The woman hovered over Spyen and with tension in her expression she pushed the tazer into Spyen's stomach. The voltage of the tazer caused Spyen to fall into unconsciousness.

***

As Spyen slowly started to regain consciousness she was immediately aware that she was zip-tied to a chair. She pulled at them, but they wouldn't give an inch.

"Ah, Agent Keller, what wonderful timing."

Spyen flicked her head up and noticed the familiarity of the face before her. She glanced at May, who was sitting in the same predicament to her right. She was dressed in a light purple lingerie dress with small burn marks on her chest.

The man came up to Spyen's chair, "Are you ready to comply?"

Spyen stopped her struggle and looked up at the man, "Who are you?"

The man ignored her question, "Take a deep breath and clear your mind."

Spyen let out a breath as she felt a tick in her mind. She could feel new walls opening, "Surrender and you will find meaning. Surrender and you will find release."

Spyen suddenly felt herself starting to become susceptible, "No! What are you doing?" She shook her head to try to get the feeling to fade away.

May was starting to understand what might be happening, "Spyen, don't listen to him!"

The man pushed himself closer to Spyen, "Take a deep breath. Calm your mind. You know what is best. What is best is that you comply."

Spyen pulled in a long breath and she felt herself shift from an Agent of SHIELD to a submissive. The man went to give Spyen an order, but a noise in the hall caught his focus. He didn't say a word as he pushed from the room to investigate. When the man left Spyen's sight, she took a large breath as if sudden weight was lifted off of her shoulders, but her head was pounding in a large headache.

Spyen wasn't aware of what was going on around her until May was pulling her from the chair. May put Spyen's head in her hands to make sure she was lucid before she departed from the agent and advanced on the man. Spyen pushed the haze out of her mind as quickly as she could, but she wasn't fast enough. The man was making an escape out of the hotel with the painting under his arm. Spyen hurried after him, but when she got to the door, she saw Coulson chase him down the hall. Spyen focused on the fight in the hallway and found May fighting with...Herself.