1. Cold floors and Blurry skies

As I walked through the halls of the university I fiddled with my bag trying to push my purse back in.

I had too many books stuffed inside but I had to study after lectures so I had no choice.
I was in my third year second semester now and my dear mother was quite delighted to know that I had managed to clear all my courses, nothing fancy by the way, just a few Bs and Cs.

I got to the lecture theatre with just enough time to get settled. I didn't have many friends, most of them were just 'hey...hello' people if you understand what I'm trying to say.

My friend Richard walked in with his girlfriend, he waved at me and took a seat behind with his other friends.

The lecturer walked in a few minutes later but she basically spent the hour talking about what we were going to cover and stuff. I went for my next lecture afterwards and he also spent most of his time on the course outline.

I had an hour break before my last lecture for the day and I had to go to the library afterwards even though I didn't feel like it.

I liked it when I had lectures in the morning, it simply meant that I could spend the rest of the day doing whatever I felt like doing especially sleeping.

I went outside and started looking for a tree to sit under while waiting. I had a novel I really wanted to read and this was the best time. The sun was shining brightly so it wouldn't be too cold under a tree.

I finally found one not occupied and started reading. There were a lot of people around chatting and laughing, probably wondering what I was doing all alone under a tree......or not. I would glance at my watch once in a while just to make sure that I didn't get carried away.

I love romantic novels, I feel like they give you a picture of what you can never truly have but sadly keep hoping for.

I left my shady tree with fifteen minutes to spare, I was trying to force my book into my bag when I hit into something hard.

"Ouch....sorry" I muttered rubbing my forehead

"It's fine" he said

I didn't bother looking up, I just forced a smile and continued walking. I had to hurry if I wanted to get to class before the lecturer. I was almost reaching the doors when I heard someone shouting

"Hey"

It sounded like it was directed at me so I turned.

"You walk really fast, I've been calling you for a while now" he said stopping right in front of me.

The sun was bright and he was tall so I couldn't really see his face clearly. I lifted my hand to provide some shade but I still had to squint my eyes.

"Oh sorry" he moved away to my other side and I froze.

My eyes widened and my mouth opened a little as I took in the handsome creature that stood before me.

He was wearing a blue tee and black jeans. His hair looked a little tousled and it looked really good on him if I may say. He had baby blue eyes and a back pack slung over his shoulders with this ridiculous smile on his face.