17. Sweet and a Tease

This chapter for some readers maybe a little steamy towards the end but I didn't think it was enough for me to put it in the private chapters... happy reading

After debating with Kevin and realising that he wouldn't take no for an answer I ended up doing what any girl in my shoes would do or at least what I thought they would do—I got into the tub.

Kevin walked in wearing nothing but sweatpants that hang low off his torso showing off his V-line. I seriously wondered when he worked out because I had never heard him talk about going to the gym even though he told me that he did go. Bodies like that did not come for free. I sat in the tub admiring the view while he frowned at the bottles he had come in with.

"I don't know what half of this stuff is used for" he complained

"Neither do I, why did you buy the then?"

"The sales lady said they were good for hair so I got them and she told me that my girlfriend would most likely know what to use them for" he said with an accusatory tone

"Well too bad she doesn't. Let's just stick to what we know—the shampoo and the leave in conditioner"

"Fine" he knelt down on the floor right in front of me "but you have to stop looking at me like that or washing your hair will be the last thing on my mind"

"We could always skip it" I leaned on the tub surprising myself with my sudden boldness

The water in the tub made a swish sound as I leaned in for a kiss which he let me have but not for long. He broke it off telling me to turn around which I did reluctantly. None of the guys I had dated had ever suggested washing my hair so I still found it kind of weird that Kevin was actually willing to do that.

I sighed closing my eyes when I felt warm water touch my scalp. One of the things I hated was washing my hair with cold water; it always had me gasping for air. He gently massaged my scalp before adding shampoo which felt cool against my scalp.

He continued to massage my scalp and I relaxed savouring the feel of his hands on it.

"How does that feel?"

"It feels really good"

Having someone's fingers on my scalp always helped me relax. When I was younger my mother would do that whenever I was restless or upset. It always calmed me down and I mostly ended up falling asleep.

"This might not be the right time to bring this up but—"

I rolled my eyes cutting him off "You're gonna bring git up anyways"

"But..." he continued seemingly unfazed by my little interruption "my mother found out that I was seeing someone and she may or may not have asked to meet you"

"What?" I tensed turning to face him but he gently held my head in place

"Don't move or try to open your eyes, you'll just get shampoo in them"

"When did you tell her?"

"I didn't exactly tell her but I told my brother who quickly told my mother just so he could get her off his neck"

I had never met any of my past boyfriends parents so it made me nervous to know that his mother wanted to meet me. I mean what happened if she didn't like me and I guess his father would be there too so what if he didn't like me either? I don't think I would be able to live with that. I wasn't sure if Kevin was a mama's boy though I highly doubted it. I had no intentions of playing Charlotte in the real life version of monster in law.

He must have noticed my silence because he spoke up "If you're not ready the you're not ready, I'm not going to rush you. You can meet them whenever you're ready"