9. Butterflies and Going Steady

His lips were definitely soft....at first he stayed still then started to move them against mine and I responded. It wasn't rough or needy.....it was calm and sweet. I felt like I could hear my heart beat louder and clearer, I could feel my blood rushing through my veins.

My knees felt weak and my stupid bag felt like it weighed a ton on my shoulder. I made a mental note to get myself a new one and stop stuffing a lot of books in this one. I put my hands on his chest and it felt so firm, I wondered how he found time to work out with his busy schedule but most of all I wondered how it would feel to hold his chest while he was shirtless...you know skin to skin...

I pulled away breaking the kiss after realising that my mind had literally 'wondered' too far but I quickly regretted my decision. I brushed my tongue over my bottom lip and his eyes followed the movement.

I blushed and looked down "Sorry about that"

"It's fine...there's nothing to be sorry about"

I felt my face become really hot and it was becoming difficult to concentrate when all I could think about were his lips and the way his chest felt against my hands. I wonder how it would feel if he trailed kisses down my neck, to my collar bone then...oh god I'm doing it again

"I have to go"

"Do you want me to walk you home?"

"No" I said a little too quickly and loudly making him give me a questioning look. I took a deep breath and said more calmly "No...goodnight Kevin" then I was out of there before he could say anything else

I rushed home, went straight to my room and threw myself on my bed. Stupid...stupid...stupid Hannah yeah lets blame me kissing him on Hannah...

I dressed up in my pyjamas and went to get something to eat downstairs. I got a text from Hannah saying she had a test to study for so she would be spending a night at Michelles' house. I liked Hannahs' friend Michelle, she was easy to get along with. I sent her a text telling her to study hard then I went to bed.

I woke up late the next day so I had no choice but to skip breakfast which was something I tried by all means to avoid. After my lecture I dragged Richard to the nearest coffee shop to get something to eat. He sat down while I stood in line to order.

I checked my phone for any texts but there were none. I had been grateful to Kevin for not texting me the previous night but now I was anxious. I could have started up a conversation myself but I was too embarrassed over what happened to do so.

I ordered two coffees and cupcakes though Richard only wanted coffee. He sat in his chair and chatted with me while I ate. I was full half way through my second cupcake so I made him help me with it before we walked back to school.

"You get this smile on your face when you eat you know that right?"

"I do" I said dreamily "Now I can have my next lecture and not continuously think about food". We were on our way to class when I saw Kevin and a bunch of his friends seated on slabs chatting and laughing. I got butterflies in my stomach and that didn't bode well for the food I had just eaten.

I was just grateful that he hadn't seen me and I was praying that he wouldn't. I noticed that there was a girl sitting next to him and she was getting a little too handsy for my liking.

Richard poked me "Earth to Bree....where has your mind drifted off to...I was talking to you"

"I'm sorry what did you say?"

"I said there is someone I need to see before the next lecture...come on"

He started moving towards the direction Kevin was in so I had to stop him "Let's go around, I think I'm in need of some exercise" I stretched my legs and arms a little to try and stress my point