20. Going out

To celebrate Anne moving in with us we decided to go out during the weekend. We would have gone the one before but I had a brunch to attend. I wasn't a fan of going out especially to clubs but the majority won and sometimes you just had to give in for your the sake of your girls.

I hadn't gotten around to telling Kevin yet because I wasn't sure how he would react. We had chatted so many times during the week but I just never brought it up. I knew that I had to eventually because going without telling him was not an option.

I decided to call him during my lunch break since we were going out in the evening and I couldn't put it off any longer. The phone rang a few times before he picked up

"Hey beautiful"

"Hey handsome, are you busy? I thought that maybe we could have lunch together or something"

"I can't but we can reschedule to another day if you want"

He made it sound like I was making an appointment. I didn't want to feel like I was making an appointment to have lunch with my own boyfriend.

"It's fine I just wanted to talk to you about tonight"

"What about it?"

"Well the girls and I—"

"Kev are you coming?"

The sound of a girl's voice cut me off. I suddenly became curious to know who it was especially since she just cut his name short, come to think of it I didn't even have a pet name for him.

I decided not to over think it since it was most likely Stephanie or Samantha though I wasn't overly fond of Samantha since she seemed to have interest in him. I hang out with his friends a few times after we started dating and they were cool to be around. Drake was into computers and Danny was more on the business side. Samantha and Stephanie were the two other people in the group studying medicine.

"Yeah I'm coming just give me a sec" he responded "Sorry you were saying?"

"Who was that?"

"It doesn't matter. You wanted to tell me something about tonight"

"Oh yeah I'm—"

"Kev come on, everyone is waiting"

"Just give me a second Joey, I'll be right there"

Joey was the girl who kept staring at Kevin when I went to see him at the hospital. I told him that the girl had a thing for him but he denied it. Honestly I didn't like the fact that he was hanging out with her and where the hell was he going? I thought he said that he was busy

The words left my mouth before I could stop them "Where are you going? I thought you were busy"

I just hoped that I didn't sound pokey or jealous

"I'm going out for lunch with some of the guys from work"

More like guys and girls... but I chose not to say that out loud

"Oh ok then don't let me keep you"

'"They can wait what did you want to tell me?"

I sighed then decided to continue "The girls and I are—"

"Kevin" the girl whined and I lost it

"You know what, I have to go. Why don't you call me when you're not too busy dealing with interrupter girl over there"

He laughed "Interrupter girl seriously"

"It's not funny Kevin" I complained

"Beautiful" he said in a knowing tone. I could literally hear the smirk he had on his face "are you-"