19. The Brunch

"Breathe...that's it... take deep calm breaths" Kevin cooed as I hyperventilated in the seat next to him

We were parked right outside his parent's house in the estate and I was hyperventilating... embarrassing really. I was a nervous wreck and Kevin was trying to calm me down. We had been in the car for over ten minutes and I'm sure anyone who had seen us drive in was wondering what was taking us so long.

Kevin got out of the car and walked around to my side. Opening the door he squatted and made me turn my body to face him

"You have nothing to be nervous about everyone is going to love you"

"Are you sure?" I asked even though at this point I was pretty sure he wasn't really going to tell me if someone wasn't that thrilled to meet me

"Yes I am, come here" he said gesturing for me to lean in

His lips met mine in a slow fervent kiss that would have had my knees going weak and wobbly if I wasn't sitting down. His tongue slipped in and I couldn't help but moan. I loved the taste of him, it's like I could never quite get enough. I was so lost in the kiss that I forgot about where we were and what we were there for. The sound of someone clearing their throat made us pull apart

I looked to my left and there was a girl with an amused smile on her face. Her cheeks turned red when we looked at her and she quickly looked down focusing her attention on digging the tip of her shoe into the ground "I'm sorry for disturbing"

"You should be" Kevin answered earning himself a smack on the arm from me

"Ignore him" I smiled getting up and putting my hand out "I'm Bridget and you must be Kimberly. I've heard so much about you"

"It's nice to meet you too" she said taking my hand. She looked a lot like Kevin. They shared the same eyes and a similarity in the facial structure but their hair colour was different. Kevin's hair was brown and hers was blonde which really brought out her eyes "It's good to finally be able to put a face to the name since you're all my mother has been talking about the whole week"

I forced a smile as the nervousness came back

"Okay bean bug" Kevin cut in "come on give me a hug"

She reluctantly walked over but quickly hugged him when she was close enough "I told you not to call me that" she whined

"Doesn't mean I'll stop" he grinned "Where is Kaden by the way? Please tell me he is in"

"Yeah he is and he came with his girlfriend much to mum's surprise then she started talking about how both her sons are finally bringing girls home"

"What about grandma?" he asked as we walked towards the front door

I had been too busy trying to control my breathing to notice just how big and beautiful their home was. It gave off a traditional exterior which seemed to blend into its landscape. The front looked simple with bricks lining the entire driveway till the door of the house where they also framed the entire door way. There were plants on both corners next to the entrance and some around the house.

"She is excited but you don't want to know what she is excited about... believe me" then she looked at me and gave a sympathetic smile "Nana can be a little over the top so don't take offence, that's just who she is but I'm sure you'll love her"

She put her arm around mine and led me through the front door. Pushing the door and walking through my mouth hang open as I took in the interior. The house looked very beautiful on the inside. I knew Kevin said his parents were well to do but this was not what I was expecting. I guess the fact that I wasn't paying attention when we drove in contributed. The nervousness kicked in the minute he told me that we had arrived.