8. First Kiss

This chapter is dedicated to @Papo_J_ for his much needed kind words.....hope you like it :-)

It had been a week since the date. Kevin and I hadn't seen each other but not for his lack of trying. He had tried to communicate with me on several occasions but just as expected  I made up lame excuses to avoid him. Don't get me wrong It's not like I didn't enjoy spending time with him, I actually did and that's what scared me.

I avoided all the places I usually went to i.e. the library. I studied from home when I needed to even though it didn't feel the same. I had ignored most of his texts only replying to the ones that said 'hi' and going offline afterwards.

I thought that he would give up but he never did which was quite shocking because most of the guys would either stop texting me or give me a speech about how rude I was being before finally giving up.

I went home and Hannah wasn't yet back. Kevin hadn't texted me the whole day and I kind of missed it.

"There is something definitely wrong with you" I said to myself and went off to prepare dinner

Hannah came home when I was almost done and sat with me while I served the food

"How was your day? Were you having a study session or something?" I asked forking some of my food

"Yeah we were.....then a certain guy who just joined our study group asked if he could drop me off"

"Oh really" I said keenly "Is he cute?"

"He is but not my type, he is too stuck up for my liking"

"Yeah definitely out then"

"How about you and Kevin...how is everything going?" she grinned putting her elbow on the counter and resting her chin on her hand

"I haven't talked to him in a week" I shrugged

"That ass...he hasn't texted you since?"

I knew where this was going and I didn't like it "Actually he has....I've just been avoiding him" my voice became smaller towards the end

"Not again" she whined

"What?"

"You always do this"

"Do what?" I asked even though I knew what she was talking about

"Don't play dumb with me...I know you like the back of my hand" she said throwing the back of her hand in my face "the minute you realise that you might actually like someone you start to distance yourself from them, you push them away and avoid them until they give up"

"It's not like—" she cut me off

"Don't even try to defend yourself....god you are so frustrating" she started to rub her temples "would it really hurt to just give someone a chance to warm that cold little heart of yours" now she was pointing at the place I suppose my little cold heart was

"Look I—" she cut me off again

"Don't get me wrong I don't mean that you are a bad person I just mean that your little heart has never felt the love of someone else you know...another person" and as if she knew what I was going to say she quickly added "parents don't count genius..."

"I just don't want to get hurt you know....I have seen so many people including you and my mom open your heart to someone and then just have them leave or take advantage of it leaving you heartbroken....I just don't want to end up like that"

"You know sometimes you behave like you have actually had your heart broken before....I think it's better to learn from your mistakes....from your own heart break and not others....you know what they say about relationships..."