12. Friends

Fast forward from lunch with Richard to a few weeks later and I was seated in a bowling alley with Kevin and his friends. My optimism had failed me but not everyone was bad though. There was just this one girl who kept getting on my nerves but isn't there always. She kept asking the most irrelevant questions and passing the most unnecessary comments.

"So Bridget, why did you choose to be a preschool teacher?"

"I..." but before I could finish she interrupted me

"I mean don't get me wrong I don't think there is anything wrong with it but Kevin is going to be a doctor... Are you sure you are going to manage to keep up with his schedule and all seeing as you will be doing practically nothing most of the time while he spends most of his time you know... in the hospital... saving lives"

She looked at me expectantly with her big brown doll like eyes and as much as I hated to admit it the girl was pretty. She had nice long silky black hair and an amazing body. I guess she had beauty and brains, too bad her personality sucked.

I don't know if she actually expected me to respond but all I did was frown. Kevin must have noticed my irritation so he decided to cut in

"I'm sure we will figure it out right... taking things one step at a time"

At this rate there will be nothing to figure out I thought to myself.

"Yeah" Stephanie the girl sitting next to her added "give her a break Sammy plus I think kids are awesome" she said smiling at me

Samantha shrugged and focused on her smoothie "My mother says it creates a lot on unnecessary tension in the relationship which is why she advises me to date within my profession because we would both know what it feels like and all that" her eyes kept darting from her smoothie to my very unsuspecting boyfriend.

Kevin's friends Danny and Drake who are the guys who picked him up from the school gate in the nice ride came back from God knows where.

"Ready to bowl guys" Drake said sitting next to Stephanie who had just created space for him

"Ready" everyone except me responded

"So" Drake continued "we are going to be in two groups which means three in each so Kevin, Bridget and Danny in one group then the rest of us in the other"

Samantha did not look too pleased about it but kept quiet

"I should warn you" I whispered in Kevin's ear as everyone else got up "I don't know how to bowl"

He turned and his lips were only inches away from mine. I looked into his eyes and they had a little mischievous glint in them. I wanted him to kiss me so I bit my lip in anticipation. His gaze shifted from my eyes to my lips then back. His pupils had dilated. The thing I loved about his gorgeous eyes is that they always gave him away.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you"He brushed his thumb on my bottom lip with his eyes focused on the task at hand. He continued doing this sending little jolts through my body. Funny thing is he was brushing my lip but I could feel it in my lower region. He gently pulled on my bottom lip making me let go.

"I would do it with my mouth but then there are kids around"

"Well aren't you at least going to kiss me?"He chuckled then gave me a quick peck making me frown a little.

"That's not what I meant"

"I know... your lips aren't the only place I plan on kissing tonight... if you let me"

I gasped at his revelation though instead of feeling uncomfortable about it I felt giddy.

"Now let's bowl" he said getting up from his seat