10. Movies and Silly pagers

It had been over two weeks since I said yes to Kevin. We spent most of our time texting and chatting over the phone, we would meet up  whenever we got the chance and I found myself growing very fond of him.

It wasn't until after we started dating that I realised that he spent most of his time at the hospital, though I was flattered when I found out that he mostly came to school when he was free so that he could see me.

I was on my way to a lecture when I bumped into Richard "Well someone looks smiley today"

"Hello to you too. Aren't you late for a lecture or something?"

"Nope, I am officially done for the day, my lecture was cancelled and since my girlfriend isn't mad at me anymore we are going to chill"

"Well good for you...now if you will excuse me, I have a lecture to attend" I made a turn to go into the lecture hall when he grabbed my hand and pulled me back

"Wait a minute...you're not getting off that easy...what's going on? You seem a little different"

"What do you mean by different?"

"I don't know but it feels like you are hiding something from me"

"Really..."

"Yes" he said folding his arms across his chest

We had a stare off and knowing Richard this was going to go on for a very long time or as long as I could keep myself from blinking.

"I'm seeing someone"

"And you kept this from me because..."he frowned

"I don't know..." I shrugged "I guess it never came up"

"How long?"

"Over two weeks"

He looked a little hurt and it made me feel bad. I considered Richard a very good friend of mine in fact he was the closest thing to a male friend  I had  so I got why he didn't seem to be happy

"Richard..."

He lifted his hand and I stopped talking

"I'm pretty sure you have your reasons...I'm gonna get going now"

I called his name but he just gave me a wave and kept walking.

When I met up with Kevin near the hospital during his lunch break I wasn't the best of company.

"Are you going to sulk during my entire lunch break? which could end at any moment if I might add"

"I'm sorry it's just that I think my friend is upset with me for not telling him that I started seeing someone and what's worse is that it's been two weeks since"

I looked up and he was smiling at me "You know I'm right here right...You could have just said 'seeing you' instead of 'seeing someone'"

"Kevin..." I whined

"Fine" he said throwing his hands in the air

"Why didn't you tell him?"

"I don't know but what would you do to make up for it?"

"I don't know" he shrugged "unlike you I told my friends"

I picked up one of my fries and threw it at him"You are of no help at all"

His pager started beeping and he took it out "Ok...so that's my queue...I have to go but I will text you later"

"Ok bye"

Kevin left and I just sat there looking outside the window. I was free for the rest of the day but I had nothing to do. My boyfriend was saving lives, my best friend was probably hauled up in some library and my other friend was somewhere with his girlfriend probably thinking about how bad a friend I am. I should get more friends I thought to myself as I left the restaurant.