33. Me and You

Drake's phone rang and he picked up after a few rings

"Hello"

"Hey Drake, how's the day going?"

I knew for a fact that Anne wasn't in town so I wasn't invading on their time together.

He sighed "For your sake I'm going to go ahead and say that it's good but that's cheap convo and you know it. You know I like it when you go straight to the point"

"Fine. Are you busy?"

"Much better and for you I can make time so what is it?"

"I was wondering if you would like to you know... hang out" I said the hang out with the slight wave of my hand like he could actually see me

"I don't know" he drawled playfully "What if we get caught?"

That pulled a laugh out of me

"Where would you like to meet?" he continued

"Being outdoors would be good so how's the park?"

"Cool, meet you there?"

"Yep"

I cut the call and got dressed in a pair of shorts that were just above the knees and a shirt with the words Ask me in front and I know the way at the back. I threw on a pair of sneakers and let my hair down before leaving the house.

The sun was up so I put on my shades and took the bus to the park. There were so many people around. Mostly families with little kids running about. Drake had texted me on the meeting place, an area where people spent time running around and throwing frizbies for their dogs to catch. I sat down on the bench and watched them while waiting for him to arrive

My phone started to ring and caller ID showed that it was Richard. I sighed and sent him to voicemail. Now wasn't the time to exchange words over what I said, we would get to that part later. Right now I planned on enjoying the sun

"Wait long?"

I looked to my left to see Drake seated "No" then looked down to his jean shorts and smiled dropping my shades down to my nose so that he could see me look at them "They look like the type John Cena likes to wear"

"They do not" he said defensively "My girlfriend bought them for me and I happen to like them. Hope you didn't mind that I brought my dog along"

"The one with a weird name"

"Like there's any other, he is a great dog by the way" he looked about and yelled "Garfield. Here boy"

I rolled my eyes "Of all the names in the world. Why would you pick that one?"

"He loved watching Garfield when he was a pup so I thought the name suited him. He barked a lot especially whenever Garfield came on"

"I'm not sure he loved watching it for the reasons you think he did"

He laughed and shook his head as the dog rushed towards him barking and wagging it's tail "How's everything with Kevin going?"

"Well he's refusing to talk and have an actual conversation about what's bothering him"

"He'll open up to you eventually, just do me a favour and talk to the guy. We're the ones who have to suffer when he complains about you being mad at him"

"Fine I'll talk to him but if I don't get any results I'm giving him the silent treatment." I sighed changing the subject "How are things going with Anne?"

"Peachy, we're trying to make the long distance thing work. I'm going over to visit this time" he smiled "So is there a reason you asked me to meet you today?"