22. Home sweet Home

It was pretty cold now and I missed the sun. Getting dressed up in warm clothes every morning proved to be very tiresome but Hannah didn't seem affected by it. She seemed to be enjoying the process of trying to find what to wear the next day the night before. Anne didn't seem to dislike the idea of winter but she wasn't as ecstatic as Hannah.

The Thanksgiving break was upon us and my mother wanted me home. She had been calling me a lot in the days leading to the break probably thinking that I wouldn't go home but that was inevitable. Kevin had sulked after realising that I wouldn't be around but he understood, I mean come on it is thanksgiving even he couldn't argue with that.

His resolution was to spend as much time as he could with me which is why we were going out on a date. He asked me what I felt like doing so I picked ice skating. I used to skate a lot when I was a child so I was pretty good at it.

I decided to wear jeans since I found them to be the warmest and most comfortable thing to wear in this weather well that and I just love them. I paired it with a bomber, scarf and boots letting my hair down since Kevin liked it that way. I went downstairs to where Anne was baking cookies and Hannah was waiting patiently to have one.

"I see you're ready for your date?" Anne smiled

"Yep, it's been so long since I went ice skating"

"I'm pretty sure we will do that too once we get home, you know how Kareen and Mom are" Hannah chimed in

Kareen is my mother's name and Hannah's mom is Margaret. Our moms are very good friends so it was always easy for me to go for sleepovers over at their place and I would stay with them when my mom had to go out of town for work. Hannah and I already had our bags packed for the journey just so we didn't start to panic last minute

"Yeah you're right, it's like a tradition. Too bad you won't be there"

"I know but a girl's gotta work" she smiled

Anne couldn't come with us because she would only get about two days off at the end of the week and she also planned on going back home. My phone buzzed with a text from Kevin saying he was outside so I quickly took my leave stealing a cookie on my way out.

Kevin was leaning against his car when I went out. He was wearing dark grey Jeans and army boots paired with a sweater and black overcoat. He had a beanie on and it made me smile because he looked so cute in it

"You're wearing a beanie" I cooed as I walked towards him

He gave me a breath taking smile and cocked an eye brow "You don't like it"

"I love it"

I quickly kissed him before rushing to the passenger's side. He had left the heater on so it was very warm inside. He got in and kissed me one more time before starting the car.

The ice skating rink we went to didn't have a lot of people inside and I had a feeling he picked it for that reason. We stood in a queue and I decided to text my mom since she had sent me a few texts.

Kevin was standing behind me and he was busy on his phone too. I had a feeling that someone was looking at me so I looked up and my eyes met with Henry's, the guy who kissed me at the club. He was with his friends but his attention was on where I was. I really wanted the date to go well so I chose to ignore his presence

"When was the last time you went skating?"

He put his phone away and smiled "Last year. We went to a resort during the Christmas holiday, we weren't for the idea but my Mother insisted and we all gave in. She can be very persuasive when she wants to be"