Chapter 9

I woke up the next morning feeling a hell of a lot better, werewolves healed fast and my wounds were now pink scars marked on my skin.

I was taken out of the hospital, being told to return if anything bad happened.

I walked out of there with my mum as we chatted.

“So I heard that the werewolf and vampire realm have to make amends” I told her like nothing was wrong.

“Yes, I was at the meeting, where they confirmed it darling, have you been to the Vampire Realm, I’ll take you there, but first I have to visit to a friend in the Feline realm, I promised her and her family dinner tonight, and it’s nearly five now” she told me.

“What time is dinner anyway?” I asked.

“6:30” she told me.

“I’ll go get ready” I rushed up to my room and set to work to enhance my crappy appearance.

I started off with a shower since I stunk a little. I sprayed my underarms with a body crystal that was supposed to make you not smell when you sweat. It worked quite well actually.

I ended up wearing a blue pair of shorts that I always wore, the blue was the jean material kind of blue so it was nothing special. I paired it with a yellow and grey striped top. It was quite nice, it just sounded horrible. It was low cut and had spaghetti straps, a nice bow in the front with dangly bits hanging down the front, it made me look quite slim, so I liked it.

I sprayed a whole load of Impulse on my body, adding lip gloss to my lips, knowing that it would rub off anyway and waiting for my hair straightener to heat up. I sat in front of my mirror, splitting my hair into two and clamping down the ends of one side. I twisted it up with my straightener and held it there for a second, letting it fall down loosely in a kind of twist. The top of my hair was always messy, just loose strands fluffing about, I couldn’t tame them.

I repeated it with the other side, adjusting a few strands and straightening my side fringe.

“Ok let’s go” I grabbed my keys from the key bowl next to the door.

I stuffed it into my pocket and waited for my mother.

“Alright, let’ go”

We stepped out onto the road, transforming into our feline forms and making our way to the feline realm at a steady pace. I liked my feline form, I was a black panther, sleek and easily camouflaged in the dark.

I followed my mum to her friend’s place, transforming into our human forms at the door before knocking three times.

A petite lady opened the door, welcoming us in and guiding us to the dining room.

“You got here just in time I’ve just finished cooking the dinner” she smiled happily. We sat down in two seats while she called her daughter down.

“Alisha! Dinner time! Get down here!” she yelled.

I heard a loud groan before loud heavy footsteps plodded down the stairs.

“Coming” a girl my age groaned.

She flopped into the chair next to me, eyeing me up and down. I stared back.

“Your hair is like a birds nest” she shot.

Bitch.

“I know” I smiled.

She raised an eyebrow, maybe not used to being agreed with when she shot rude comments at people.

I ate dinner in silence, commenting on a few subjects before they started chatting in the kitchen about mothering or whatever.

I was currently seated in Alisha’s room while we both sat on out phones, leaning against something and being anti-social.

“What’s your favourite colour?” I asked as a conversation starter, I wasn’t used to complete silence.

“Why do you want to know?” she asked.

“Conversation starter” I shrugged.

“It’s teal”

“Isn’t that blue?” I asked.

“No, it’s a bluey green”

“But it’s still blue, you couldn’t have just said blue?” I questioned her preciseness.

“No, because it’s not just blue” she shot.

We started getting into a heated argument about it, attracting the attention of our mothers who had heard our bickering.

The argument wasn’t so bad, we laughed most of the time at the stupid answers we came up with, ending up with me letting out the first sound that rolled off my tongue which sounded like “ne men nem men na” in a kind of yell of giving up, my tongue poking out at the end.

--

We ended up getting along I guess, she was very moody and bitchy, not liking any form of contact.

Weirdo.