Chapter 26

“Get your ass in the courthouse, I think we’re late” Niall grumbled.

Zayn reached for my hand and held it tightly as we made our way slowly into the building, taking our seats outside the room and waiting for them to announce our case.

“Belle I-I’ve had seconds thoughts and I don’t want you to witness this, can you wait outside please” Zayn mumbled as they called out his case.

“But I’m a witness to help the case, I’m your back up support”

“Please Belle” he almost whimpered, he looked like he didn’t want to but his pride was in the way.

“Okay fine”

He sighed in relief, pulling me into a tight embrace.

“I love you”

I was a bit grumpy but I responded back, mumbling an ‘I love you’ into his chest.

He kissed my forehead, tilting my head up to meet his.

We stayed silent until his case was called again by an angry voice.

“Yeah coming” Zayn called.

He dipped his head down to kiss me forcefully, hands at my cheeks to caress over my face.

“I love you, don’t forget that” he mumbled.

“I love you too Zayn” I pouted slightly, wanting to go in there as well.

He pecked my lips once more, running a hand through my hair, moving his lips up to kiss my forehead. He was stalling as much as possible as he pulled me into another hug.

“Mr Malik, we run a tight schedule-“

“I’m coming okay” he snapped, pulling away, he stormed into the court room, glancing back momentarily to blow me a kiss. I caught it in the air, giggling as I tucked it into my pocket.

Zayn’s POV

I took the oath of truth as I stood out the front, repeating what they told me to.

“I promise to tell the truth and nothing but the truth”

I finished, standing there.

I watched as some cocky werewolf stand up, striding over to me, arched back and strong swinging arms.

“I, Andrew Sparks have a few questions to ask the guilty” he bowed his head.

He turned to me, shuffling the papers in the folder he held.

“Did you, or did you not physically attack Jay Hayton at the night of the bonfire”