11

kwon rina
behind a newspaper

       "don't you think this will bring more attention to ourselves?" i asked, still confused by why we were hiding in a restaurant.

       i put the newspaper down as i looked around the restaurant. it was high up as the nightlife was a beautiful view. we were sitting on the right, the navy blue setting was a nice touch. the lights were dim for people to enjoy the view outside.

       "here you go," the waiter seated a tall boy and a girl at a table. jungkook looked back as i was about to peek but he placed the newspaper hastily in front of my face.

       i scoffed at jungkook and shook my head. a cough interrupted me before i could speak. a waiter was standing next to our table, "would u like anything?"

       she looked at us strangely as her name tag read akimoto aoi. her oval shaped face was petite and her skin was fairly light. her dark brown hair was tied up with her bangs falling on her forehead.

i placed both our newspapers down to the chair next to me, "it's fine we don't need anything well for now."

       she smiled and walked away. a small part in me tingled as i felt like the boy looked oddly familiar. my heart dropped as i watched taehyung, dressed in a fancy blouse and slacks converse with a girl.

       jungkook noticed my stare as he looked back, "that's soo shiro, taehyung's ex girlfriend."

       ex girlfriend? he had one? he never said anything important like that. i looked away, reminding myself to ask him later.

       "did you know?" i asked jungkook as he took a sip of his water. his hair was covered by his black cap with rings at the side.

       his expression turned dark as he nodded, "yeah, shiro was the one that called me, that's why i told you to call taehyung."

       "oh" was the only phrase that came out of my mouth. a part of me was disappointed from taehyung getting mad at me earlier in the day but another part of me was anxious.

       i knew taehyung was popular amoungst girls and others. but i had faith in him that he wouldn't do something like this, although he does like yongsun.

why am i reassuring myself with the fact that he liked yongsun? i shook my head as i grabbed my bag, "i'm leaving jungkook, this is stupid."

i stood up as i looked around for an exit. the only way to exit was to go past taehyung and shiro. i sighed as jungkook grabbed my wrist before i can even go a step forward.

"wait rina," he said as he looked at me with guilty eyes, "i just wanted you to know what taehyung is doing and i don't know why shiro and him are together but taehyung is manipulative and will lie to you if you ask him, no matter what."

"no he's not jungkook, he's good unlike you, you're just cocky and only care about making fun of others," i felt a little guilty as jungkook dropped my wrist.

he had a saddened expression and looked like a sad puppy but it quickly went away as he cocked his eyebrows, "suit yourself, don't come running to me once you find out how he's lying."

i crossed my arms and raised my eyebrow, "you and i aren't even friends, why would i come to you? whatever jungkook, don't talk to me."

he stood up abruptly and purposefully bumped into my shoulder. i followed behind since it was the only route out of the restaurant. i took off my hat without thinking as we walked past the table.