28

also click the video, it'll set the mood

min hyerin
the hospital

       i groaned, the beeping sound from the machine deafened my ears. the constant beeping of the machine drove me crazy. i slowly opened my eyes, taking in the view in front of me.

the sounds of feet moving fast, papers shuffling. the intercom going off again, paging for a doctor or nurse. the phone ringing constantly, new patients coming in through the doors.

"hey, they said you might have to stay for a few days, just to make sure your alright," yoongi whispered loudly, trying to speak over the loud noise.

i nodded my head, "cause of the stress? is it that bad?" i asked him, getting a headache from the the beeping noise from the patient next to me.

"yeah," he grimaced slightly, he always made that face when something was worse.

i sighed, barely trying to move around. the weird feeling from the needle in my arm stung. i tried to think back in why i ended up in the er but i couldn't remember.

"that patient has gastritis, get doctor oh if he's free," i peeked over at the man who was lying down on the bed next to me.

the er door opened again, showing the girls and hoseok. my eyebrows shot up from hoseok's sudden appearance. while my cheeks were tinted red from remembering the dance session last time.

"are you okay?" yejin asked, her face was flushed from the harsh breeze outside.

i noticed rina standing in the side. the side of her cheek had a bandaid on. she looked awkward as she gripped onto her arm, standing back from the large group.

i lifted my hand, about to give her a wave. until she turned around, her pink jacket moving up a little as she left the er. i gave a confused look to dasom, who just rolled her eyes.

"yongsun unnie, you're back, where's seokjin?" chanmi grimaced, yongsun's face darkened.

"we broke up, i'm only here for a few months before i leave again," she smiled lightly, coming to my side, "you okay?"

"just stress," yoongi sighed, looking tired. his hair was in a mess. chanmi looked worried as she slightly bit her lip.

chanmi had a unknown expression on her face as she watched yoongi sit down. soomin placed a small book down on my lap. she smiled and nudged yejin, who looked uncomfortable by her.

"you left it at school when you fainted," yejin mentioned slowly.

hoseok met my eye, my face flushed again. i quickly looked down at the book again, "thanks for bringing it soomin."

soomin laughed, "i wasn't the one who grabbed it, hoseok sunbae found it, afterall he was the one who took you to the nurses."

i looked up at hoseok, he ruffled his hair. looking slightly embarrassed, he smiled, "thanks," i said softly.

"no problem, just don't let it happen again."

"can we talk to you?" hoseok nudged at yoongi who looked like he was about to sleep.

        yoongi reluctantly stood up, leaving the busy er room with hoseok next to him. chanmi sighed, sitting down on the chair, "how's suga been, he hasn't spoken to me in a while."

       "he might just be busy," minjoo muttered, dasom patted chanmi's back, trying to make her feel better.

       "i don't know about that, but you okay for sure hyerin?" chanmi asked, worry laced in her tone of voice.

        i nodded, moving my feet to show that i was happy. but a huge part of me just didn't feel like socializing or being awake. it just felt like my energy was being sucked away from me.

       "yeah, they said it's stress, but i've been feeling a little tired, i must be really unfit cause i easily get a shortness of breath unlike before when i exercised," i sighed, leaning into the pillow more.

        soomin nodded her head, leaning on minjoo. yejin fiddled with her skirt, goosebumps apparent on her skin. yongsun rubbed yejin's shoulders.

       chanmi nodded her head, "did you come before?"

"yeah, just chest pains but nothing that bad," i smiled lightly, rolling my eyes at the loud intercom noises.

       chanmi nervously smiled, nodding her head. dasom looked around, confused as she tapped minjoo's shoulder. minjoo looked up from her cell phone, staring at dasom.

       "did you see the bandaid on rina's face?" a true expression of worry was filled on dasom's face.

        minjoo shrugged, fiddling with her fingers. yejin sighed, waving at us, "i gotta go, let's go soomin."

       soomin smiled brightly, following yejin out the building. i frowned, "yejin seems off?"

        chanmi laughed, "it's probably cause of jimin and soomin? i heard that their dating."

       dasom rolled her eyes, "and where did you here that piece of information from again?"

       yongsun laughed as she held onto minjoo. i snorted as chanmi looked speechless, "well yejin."

       "the fact that your trust yejin's words makes me reassess you again," dasom shook her head. i laughed, remembering when the whole school freaked out from fake news.

        a few minutes after speaking, yoongi and hoseok walked back in. they had serious expressions on their faces till hoseok smiled after making eye contact with me.

       yoongi patted chanmi's back, silently holding her hand and nudging the others to follow along. i watched as they avoided the oncoming patients, silently leaving the place.

       hoseok cleared his throat, "i might have read your bucket list, sorry," he sheepishly smiled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

       i patted the notebook gently, "its fine, just don't tell anyone, some of them are super embarrassing."

       hoseok laughed, "like number 7?"

       i placed my hand on top of his mouth. panicking, trying to make him quiet, "number 7 should never be talked about."

       i placed my hand back down, hoseok pointed at the book, "i have a small plan."

       "like what?"

       silence amoungst the two of us, as the running of doctors back and forth filled the silence. the intercom going off again, paging for a doctor. hoseok smiled brightly, pushing his sleeves back.

       "let me help you complete some of the stuff on your list, afterall, i'm the only one who saw everything in it."