26

didn't even realize that this pair played instruments similar to your lie in april. i was shook after people commented it. but i promise it won't be as sad....maybe

ko dasom
in which he plays

"shit, where's 304?" i muttered under my breath, looking around the large building, "yugyeom needs to give better directions, that idiot."

       i sighed deeply, brushing a hand through my hair. which was almost a habit of mine whenever i get stressed. a buzz went off from the back pocket, i grabbed my phone put, struggling to pull it out.

       finally grabbing my phone out, I looked at the text messages on the screen. new messages from minjoo. i rolled my eyes from her streams of text in the group chat about forgetting to tell us that she met rina a few weeks ago at jungkook's house.

i made my way towards the paintings hanged up. the colors were drastically filling the canvas to show the sense of urgency the artist was feeling. a small smile appeared on my face from the beautiful work of art.

       "excuse me, do you need help finding something?" i turned around, feeling a little wary from the unknown voice that rung out from behind me.

       a familiar face, jinyoung. i forgot that he was a second year hanlim student. his hair was tied at the front while his glasses were perched on his nose. his uniform was messily done as his tie was oddly put on.

       i pointed to the oddly tied hair at the front, "your hair, what happened?"

       his face went slightly red as he rushed to take off the rubber band, "wonwoo and mina."

noticing my confused face he laughed, "my friends, anyway why are you here?" he looked confused but noticed the small package in my arms, "are you trying to find someone?"

"oh! kim yugyeom, he's a first year and dance major," i explained to him, unconsciously tugging my hair.

       jinyoung smiled, nudging me to walk with him, "that's in the other building, this is the music building while dance would be in the second building."

        "are you serious? no wonder why i couldn't find 304," i sighed in frustration.

       "how long have you been here for?"

       "a few minutes, not long," i said. we turned left as the music from each practice room got louder. he stopped in front of an open practice room that looked like it could fit five people max.

       confused, i furrowed my eyebrows as he sat down on the piano bench. noticing my confusion, jinyoung showed the timer on the piano, "i can't leave this room yet, i need to fill all my time, do you mind?"

       i waved a hand, "its fine, that happens to me back at my school too."

       i pulled out my phone and started to play random games. no piano music was playing and i could feel someone staring at me. i looked up and made eye contact with jinyoung,

       he pointed at something at the side of the room. i followed his pointing finger, noticing the small black violin case. i walked on over to the case, inspecting the violin left on top.

"you know how i talked about that collaboration?" jinyoung mentioned slowly.

i nodded my head, remembering him saying that. looking back down at the violin, "you want me to play right now? but isn't this someone else's?"

"it's fine, that's minhyung's, he's a saxophone player but he's been trying to play the violin lately."

i snorted at the image of minhyung trying to play the violin, "that poor kid, rina's twin right?"

"yeah," jinyoung trailed off, "speaking of rina, you haven't come over to our house lately."

i gripped the brown violin gently, tuning it, "well, we had a fight."

jinyoung looked surprised, he cocked his head to the side. he stretched his hand slowly, "a fight about what?"

i placed the violin down at my lap. humming slightly at the nicely tuned instrument, "just some girls stuff."

"oh," jinyoung nodded, noticing the tense atmosphere. he decided not to press more on the situation and turned to the front again.

"what are we playing?"

"just a random song that i composed for class, just come in whenever you feel anything," jinyoung explained.

i panicked internally, i wasn't a genius or anything like henry from class. it was going to be extra hard for me to even try to figure out he notes and play along. jinyoung took off his jacket and tie, placing it on the empty side next to him.

the music started as jinyoung played intensely. my mouth opened widely, i internally thanked my inner mind for making me sit behind him. i watched as his back flexed a little from the movements.

when should i go in? jinyoung's playing slowed a little, probably noticing how i struggled to come in. i took a deep breath and let it out, placing my fingers on the bow and lifting my arms up.

"now," jinyoung muttered under his breath.

i closed my eyes, letting my mind and body do the work. my fingers moved along rapidly while my other hand moved the bow up and down. a huge smile appeared on my face from the lovely harmony between the two instruments.

the music from our instruments came to a slow stop. i opened my eyes slowly to see a smiling jinyoung on the bench. his eyes were filled with excitement while his mouth was wide with a smile.

"how do you feel?" jinyoung asked.

i put the violin back in its case next to me, "i'm surprised jinyoung," dropping honorifics without noticing.

"i told you that it would sound good," i laughed, jinyoung's ears perked up, "did you just drop the sunbae part?"

"oh shit, sorry," my face flushed from embarrassment. i looked down at my hands on my lap and back up at him.

he rolled his eyes, "don't worry, i don't care about honorifics, it makes me sound old."

"but you are a year older."

jinyoung shushed me, placing his notebook back into his bag, "anyway the violin and piano will always sound good, it's a match made pair."