23

hwang yongsun
back home

       "well okay, i see how it is," i sighed as she looked around the crowded airport. my face was filled with annoyance, one hand holding my suitcase and the other holding coffee.

i stopped at the side after getting dirty looks from other travelers. digging through my coat pocket, i grabbed my phone out. no new messages.

me
i'm back, lets meet at that place

a weird feeling swept over me, making me get the chills. i placed my phone in my pocket inside and headed out the airport. just one week and i'm out of here again.

"it's okay, i got this, oh! taxi!" i yelled and waved towards the yellow cab. i sighed as I watched it pull up towards me.

the ride was short, dropping off my bags at the hotel and then grabbing another ride to the restaurant. i tapped my hand nervously, anxious from being late.

       the car came to a slow stop, passing the money to the driver. i muttered a quick thanks and shutting the door closed. i watched the car speed off down into the messy traffic.

       my heart was beating faster as i patted down my hair. i brushed my coats shoulder and readjusted my bag. what will he say?

       the inside of the restaurant was fairly dim. the smell of food overtaking the large room. i watched the clock as a figure rushed in. i nervously tapped as he got closer and closer.

       "hey, long time no see," there he was, brown hair slightly messy but nice. he took off his brown coat, placing it on the seat next to him like me.

       "yeah, it's been long," he smiled, pushing his glasses that were perched on his nose a little up.

       he motioned his hand towards the waiter as  i shakes my head, "i'll just take whatever you're gonna take."

       "okay, that's a surprise."

       he softly talked and pointed at the foods on the menu to the waiter. the waiter nodded, grabbing the menus back and walking away. silence filled the atmosphere, occasionally hearing the small mutters from the people around us.

       suddenly the water with ice in front of me looked much more interesting. seokjin cleared his voice, trying to break the awkward silence, "i missed you, we haven't talked much."

       i nodded my head slowly, "i've been busy with a lot of performances."

       "i see."

       silence again until the waiter dropped off our food. please save me from this. i awkwardly tried to cut through the rough price of steak. seokjin noticed my struggle and switched his plate with mine.

       a smile appeared on my face, "thanks," the cute princes of meat made it easier for me to eat, "how's school and everyone else?"

       "well, the girls and rina, they are just kind of ignoring each other," i frowned at his words, "but yeah college has been good so far other than them fighting at their school."

       i poked at one of the pieces in front of me,
"do you know why?"

       i watched him, placing the meat in my mouth. he shrugged his shoulders, "I have no idea, i haven't talked to them in a while either."

       i nodded, the atmosphere was so tense that you could cut through it. this was probably ye result of us not speaking since then. my heart plummeted a little but i shook my head internally, remembering the real reason why i wanted to talk to him.

       i continued to eat, occasionally bring up small talk. such as the weather, our friends, or college. i frowned, realizing how seokjin was trying so hard to avoid all subjects of the internship.

       i placed my fork down watching as seokjin did the same. i cleared my throat, successfully gaining his attention. he looked a little tense from my serious expression on my face.

       "what's the real reason you wanted to speak ?" seokjin asked, noticing my sudden mood change.

       i gulped some water down, placing it back down on the table, "i needed to speak to you about something."

       "ah here's a lovebird special dessert for the two of you," i frowned internally from the waiters terrible timing. he placed the lava cake down on both our sides, smiling brightly before walking away again.

       i smiled my spoon into the cake, watching as seokjin played around with it as well. has he noticed, is this why he is acting strangely too?

       "continue with what you were going to say yongsun, i'll listen to whatever you have to say," seokjin placed the fork down again, crossing his fingers under the table.

       i grimaced again, "well the internship has been going really well— but i've been haven't difficulty."

        "difficulty with what?" he asked.

        i fiddled with the white napkin, folding it and then unfolding it back, "just balancing things altogether."

       "huh, who knew hwang yongsun would have trouble with that," i smiled as he shook his head to the side.

       i flicked my hand, "everyone has troubled all the time, right?"

       he nodded, starting to get the hint. he had a sorrow expression deep on his face. he ran his hand through his brown hair. i sighed softly, reaching out for his hand.

i watched as he slightly hesitated to grab it. he placed his hand on top of mine, making eye contact with me straightly. i opened my mouth, feeling a little speechless but bold.

"i have something to say and i don't want you to get super mad or upset, just listen to me please."

he nodded, "i will, i promise, what is it?"

"let's take a break, it's been incredibly hard for me to balance everything with you and them and then the internship, we haven't talked for a while, we stopped contacting each other, we stopped caring," i frowned deeply, feeling annoyed and sad.

his eyes were sad but accepting, almost as if he knew this was going to happen. he nodded slowly, "a break..."

"let's take a break staring today, i'm sorry seokjin, i didn't think it would go this way."

i felt the tears rise up as he let go of my hand. he grabbed his jacket, "i get it and respect it, this is what you want."

he walked away, quickly paying for the bill and walking out. then i felt it, the tears falling down without me even noticing. isn't this what i wanted?