ending thoughts

huge thank you to my friends who hyped up my book!

here are a few things i wanted to clear up:

1. taehyung + rina
— i tried my best to write about a mentally abusive relationship that later turned physical. i tried my best on research and reading many peoples stories. but i still managed to make a bunch of mistakes and i hope no one takes any offense from that. their relationship ended when rina realized it wasn't something she had to be tied down too.

but rina still remains deeply hurt by it although it isn't mentioned. it is quietly implied when she talks to jungkook in chapter 47. twenty-four will highlight more on how she slowly started to love herself again when she moved. all the while, while she decides to open herself to new love.

some people who have read this story feels as if rina shouldn't be committed to a new relationship. i think that's bullshit. it takes a long time to recover from an abusive relationship but she still has every right to find someone who truly cares about her in the future.

2. jungkook + rina
— jungkook was a character i really enjoyed writing about. the one thing that was beautiful about the friendship between the two of them was that jungkook tried his best to understand her. from the beginning of the story to the end, jungkook's character never stopped liking rina.

i want everyone to know this, i created jungkook's character so he could be someone who supports rina and her decisions. i did not try to glorify abuse in any way. although he helped her and she slowly started to feel things, rina didn't want to be tied down to a new relationship and jungkook fully supported that idea until the end. we can see a huge change in that which is very sudden in 24.

3. chanmi + yoongi
— the two of them struggled a lot throughout the book. chanmi held onto their relationship even though she knew that it wasn't working anymore. there are three reasons why their relationship fell apart.

one, yoongi's sister hyerin. yoongi felt a lot of responsibility towards his sister and her condition. the chapter with yoongi and hyerin, she tells him to get back into a relationship with chanmi. but who knows? it'll be explained in more detail in twenty-four.

two, that photo on yoongi's phone. that new character will have a huge impact on twenty-four.

three, it was a give and take relationship. chanmi tried her best to support yoongi. which is shown in the chapter where yoongi explains to chanmi about hyerin's condition. yoongi never did that for her though. i consider him to be a pretty selfish character but it's also tied to the fact that their love for one another faded away.

that's pretty much everything i wanted to explain! thank you for reading eighteen.

hope to see you in twenty-four!